33. Gap In The Armour

Start from the beginning

Sabine: "Cass sounds like Bolaji's second dad. Why would he help us?"

Bagley: "They had a falling out after an incident in the Niger Delta 3 years ago. A buried human rights investigation accuses Cass of ordering a drone fleet to wipe out a village protesting the construction of a pipeline, but the drones malfunctioned before they could. Bolaji is named as the likely saboteur. He's been on the run ever since, but now tracking data shows he's reappeared in London."

Sabine: "Shit, he's looking for redemption, like with the protestors. This guy designed Cass' drone fleet--I think he's trying to disarm Albion!"

Bagley: "He covers his tracks well, but that's a good guess. Unfortunately, according to this Albion intelligence report intercepted by our friend Kaitlin Lau, Cass knows Bolaji's in London as well. So that's the op. Make contact with Bolaji before Albion finds him, then convince him we have a mutual enemy in Cass."

Sabine: "So this guy's our best chance to stop Albion and clear our names... and the largest private army on Earth wants him dead. No pressure."

The meeting ends and Aventurine gets up and stretches a leg. She then clears her throat."

Aventurine: "I'll do it, everyone. I'll get Hamish before Albion reaches him."

Althea: "Good luck, Ave."

Prasiolite: "I'll come with her, as you all know, I don't want her to lose a piece of her gem or an arm or leg."

Althea: "You 2, be careful out there.

Prasiolite nods and smiles at her. She exits the hideout and walks down the road to the London underground station. She gets in one of the trains and it takes her to the borough Hamish lives in, Islington & Hackney. They arrive at their destination and get off. There, they spot Hamish's apartment.

Bagley: "Bolaji has been snooping into Albion's affairs. Quietly of course, but I've been able to determine that most of his activity stems from this area."

Prasiolite: "So I guess we should dress appropriately and have a proper greeting with him, yes?"

Bagley: "Not so fast. Hamish isn't in, according to his home security. And before you get ideas, he's rigged his front door to a series of traps designed to delete all of his data and then your life, not necessarily in that order."

Then Mia is on the line.

Mia: "The man is bloody paranoid. Ha! He's like Kevin from Home Alone!"

Bagley: "To be fair, you are an armed insurgent trying to break into his flat. Anyway, you should be able to connect to the local grid and use security cameras to disarm his traps."

Prasiolite: "We got it, Bagley. Thanks for the information."

They look for a way up to the roof of the apartment to search for the local grid and they spot a cargo drone. Aventurine hacks into it while she has a hot dog in her mouth. She gets it to land and they hop on and get to the roof.

Prasiolite: "Hey, where did you get that hot dog?"

Aventurine takes a bite from it and swallows it and replies.

Aventurine: "I found it laying on the side with an empty cup. Why?"

Prasiolite: "What? You're joking Ave. That's disgusting. Bugs could've spread diseases on that thing. Hell, even a parasite."

Aventurine: "You're too um...nuts Pras, calm down ok?"

Prasiolite: "Alright. Fine."

They get off and on the roof, Prasiolite hacks into the ctOS hub to hack into Hamihs's flat while Aventurine finishes up the hot dog. There, she sees that the entire room has bombs rigged all over the room and a shotgun pointing at the door.