Doolittle Syndrome

Bridget knew something is wrong the moment her eyes open.

Waking up on the zoo's hard and dirty ground without a memory of why or how she ended up here makes the ginger feel uneasy, maybe even unsettled.

The last thing Bridget is able to recall last night is getting her watch back from Ciara's locker. Everything else is too blurry to remember.

With a soft groan, the freckled-face human sits up from the floor. Her body is ever so sore, worse than would have been expected from two simple falls.

She rubs the back of her neck, stretching out with hope to crack something that would help relieve some pain. But these efforts are in vain, as it doesn't go away at all.

'Fuckin...c'mon'

Bridget tries to get up. But once again, like earlier, the human finds herself struggling, her body even trembling now. It seems her leg isn't holding up well.

Biting her lip, she grumbles.

"C'mon, ya been through worse. Ya been in trickier situations. We're gettin up in three...two...one—"

With a final push up, the woman fully stands, using the skates to balance herself and her not-so functional leg. Finally up, the ginger takes a moment to breathe and collect her thoughts.

'Am still in the zoo? Why haven't I left yet, and why am I outside? Shit, everythin hurts, and it's fuckin mornin...'

Biting her lip repeatedly, Bridget looks down, puzzled.

'What the hell happened last night??'

A thunderous bang of something heavy and metal comes from behind her, causing Bridget's head to look up and swing around.

Greeting her, however, is the penguins' habitat, and inside stands Kumquat with the others laying nearby him. The tall slender penguin gives her an innocent light smile, batting his eyes as well. He is cute, but the ginger feels boiling suspicion in her gut. Loud sounds, her being outside, the vague memories... Whatever is going on it has to be connected to him and the others, it has to be. This causes her to start squinting at him.

But slowly, her fixation on him grows wary, as she is still unsure of what is even going on. Sighing, she tiredly blinks in defeat.

'Maybe it was all just a dream?...'

She then shakes her head.

'Bein paranoid about the penguins now? At this rate, you're just as bad as Alic-'

"AHHH!"

A drill of pain shoots through her head, Bridget yelps at the unexpected headache. Hunching over, her hands clench her head out of desperation. The ginger grunts, now hearing encumbered ringing in her ears, boisterous endless ringing. Her body unnaturally starts to shake.

Something is wrong.

In that instance, Bridget skates away, heading straight for the locker rooms.

The door slams behind as the ginger comes bashing in, before leaning against the wall in a slouching, shivering manner. The world around Bridget begins to fade away as the ringing submerges her. It's like something is screaming inside of her, and it is striving to tear its way out of her. Craving, shrieking, stretching her brain to an overwhelming degree.

'It won't shut up!'

The pain is unbearable. Shaking hands still grasp tightly on Bridget's head, her eyes are sealed and her teeth are bared. Like a kettle on a stove, the octaves become higher pitched each second. Louder and louder, the ringing keeps growing, and growing, and-