Vox Populi

And out protrudes our tired ginger, who doesn't like heights. At all. She scrambles onto the floor the moment she gets in.

"Bridget!"

"How the Hoover Dam did you get here?" Skipper eyes her.

"...Ow" Quickly sitting up, she looks over at them, scooting over to the cage in a hassle. "I used Kowalski's phone ta pinpoint your location." Her voice hushes. Wasn't that hard for a non-electronic person to figure out. Apparently, you can easily search for online tracking tutorials.

Skipper sighs, shooting Kowalski a blaming glance, but nods. "Well, the cage is being stubborn."

Picking up the cage (with a grunt) she sets them back on the counter. She takes out her pocket knife to start pick-locking.

"Ya fellas okay?"

"Yeah, more or less." Skipper nods.

"Fairly minor things, though Rico will need to be careful with his tail for the next few weeks," Kowalski adds.

Bridget nods and focuses on the lock. She finds it difficult to pick and growl. "Shit."

"Elt key." Rico taps her hand with his flipper. "'E got 'elt key."

She squints at his words to understand, before shaking her head.

'Don't have time for this, we gotta get goin'

"I'll getcha out later," the ginger whispers, then attempts to pick up the cage and steadily carry it.

Sadly, the sound of footsteps approaching the stranger's apartment door echoed around them. The penguins gaze that way.

"Go, hide." Kowalski nudges her. "Put us down and hide."

Bridget, hesitating at first, puts them down and hides behind the counter.

Donald barges into the apartment, slamming the door behind him. "Hooligans...they just love to prank-call on folks."

Skipper rolls his eyes.

"Now," he marches up to them and clutches the blanket.

"Let's get this done and over wi—" He notices the four nail-files on the ground...and the wide opened window. He stares and delivers out a dark chuckle. "Oh, I see you have invited over a guest."

Donald swipes away the files with his feet, settling down the blanket...and replaces it with a knife. "I'll have to meet them myself."

Kowalski tries to hide a look of alarm.

The man starts looking around the room for the penguins' savior.

"It was totally just the wind." Skipper snorts, crossing his flippers. "You're delusional, old man."

Bridget withdraws from the captor's sight while he searches for her. Of course, she cringed when he discovered 'her' by the opened wide window. But her mental cursing comes to a halt as her black eyes catch a glimpse of the little golden key dangling from his belt. Her eyes widen as it hits her.

'Elt key...elt key!'

He grunts and departs into the other room...for he couldn't find anyone.

"I don't trust this."

Bridget hesitates before lifting her head up a bit, feeling like him leaving is nothing but a trap. "...He's tryin ta bait me," she whispers.