You, Me, and the Tree Makes Three

But Bridget doesn't go back to work.

Rather, she's huddled beneath a tree in the park...sulking to herself. Lots of sniffling has passed, she couldn't escape her anxious thoughts. It's like an adrenaline rush inside her head.  How recently everything has been...insane. From a short distance, she hears a familiar voice muttering and approaching.

Biting her lip, her sobbing goes quiet, and tries to listen in.

"—I know exactly where Skipper can shove that security patch. I get he's frustrated, but Newton's knickers, he's not the only one stressed." Kowalski waddles up the hill, rubbing his face. "I'm trying my best, I swear."

'....Oh shit, Kowalski's comin. I gotta get outta here'

Bridget tries to stand up quietly...tries.

He waddles up and then notices her. "OH. I'm sorry. I had no idea you were...." He awkwardly motions. "I'll uh... Let you be."

She steps towards him. "N-no no, I was...gettin ready ta leave anyways...I..." she looks down and bites her lip, before sighing.

"...Flathead bein a pain?"

Kowalski sighs and nods a little. "No more than usual I guess. I get it though, he's tense." He looks back towards the zoo. "You should continue what you're doing. It's a good thinking spot...I really should waddle back myself and put up with the tirade. I know I'm going to have to deal with it eventually."

"Don't think he should be yellin at ya much. Not your fault ya been busy and arch-enemy is bein a stalkin ass," she sides back down to the tree.

"No, but there's enough else that's my fault he can yell about... Like salmonella." He sighs. "And well... I deserve it, I am a screw-up."

Bridget looks at him softly, thinking for a moment. "...Makin mistakes or not knowin everythin doesn't make ya a screw up. Everyone does it, and I mean everyone...but ya probably already know that so I'll cut to the point. It's okay you're not perfect, but no one, not even yourself, should beatcha up about it."

He sits down beside her. "I don't know... Maybe if I was smarter it would be better." He glances at her. "But that aside, how are you?"

She looks at him. "Smarter? Einstein, you're the only genius I've known. Outta anyone else I've met, you're someone I consider intellectual, and most interactions in my life are humans," With eyes rolled, she huffs.

Kowalski looks at her, conflicted. He then looks at the grass. "I don't know... I haven't felt like much of a genius lately. I feel two steps behind."

"It's...a weird...very weird and stressful situation...that we're all stuck in. We're all scared...it's okay ta not feel great, especially since you feel the most responsible here for it all. But that doesn't mean ya should be hard on yourself. It's important ta...take deep breaths... steps back on things... think things out before ya bottle too many thoughts or emotions." While talking, Bridget leans on the tree and looks up to the late afternoon sky.

He furrows his brow at this. "...But bottling is what I do best with emotions."

"And that's not healthy...it leads ta longer resentments and terrible emotional outbursts. Doesn't mean ya gotta dump the bottle entirely every day...but pourin it out by small amounts helps," She looks down at Kowalski.

"For instance...now. Ya feel better since we're talkin it out?"

"...Maybe a little bit." He sighs with a small nod. "But it's not like I can really do that much."