The Selenic Metamorphosis

Minutes later, the pain ceases.

With a groan, Skipper wakes, holding a hand to his—Hand? He held out his hands in front of himself. "WHAT THE SHRIMP COCKTAIL?!"

His square-ish hands are attached to arms that are not penguin-like. His arms are joined to shoulders that aren't penguin-like either, and his shoulders are connected to a bare chest and body that...definitely isn't penguin.

With an expression of horror, he looks for the others, grinding his teeth against his rising emotions. Oh great. Now he has teeth too.

Unknowing to the scared—eh, off guard leader, his brief shout wakes someone up.

Kowalski sits up with a groan. "Skipper, what's—" He starts, but then stops seeing a strange man. He tries to back away. "Oh, that's not Skipper."

He 'tries.' Sure is difficult to scoot away with suddenly longer legs.

"WHAT THE ASDFGHJLAF?!" Kowalski shrieks.

The sudden high pitch scream grabs Skipper's attention, as well as stirring awake the last two from their sleep.

"Kowalski, SHHHH!" Skipper hisses, recognizing the shriek.

Kowalski just stares back at him. "HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?"

Private and Rico wake and view around with disoriented and distressed expressions at all of the shouting.

Skipper promptly rises and steps towards the screeching lieutenant, but the new extra weight instead makes him tumble forward.

Kowalski tries to clamber back again but forthwith detects hands have reinstated his flippers, with Private and Rico noticing their new conditions as well.

They all stare at themselves and next stare at one another.

At that point, panic at their position rises, and the penguins, now humans, begin to scream.

Once the screaming finally stops, Kowalski grimaces, averting his gaze from Skipper. "Oh...Well, sir....at least you don't have a second head."

Skipper narrows his eyes at him. "When this is over. You're still toast, Kowalski."

Private swallows back his own panic. "How are we going to complete our mission now, sir?"

Skipper takes a deep breath. "Okay. Everyone either chill out or I'm going to smack the chill into you...Myself included." He shut his eyes for a moment. "Before anything, we need to get up and get clothes. We obviously can't fight X like this."

"...Though I'm certain we'd have the element of surprise." Kowalski snickers slightly as he just shakes his head and rubs his hands down his face. "Oh cod...of all the side effects..."

Kowalski's train of thought, however, is cut short when new male voices are heard outside the store.

Uncoordinated and awkward, the four manage to get to their feet. It takes a brief moment for them to each find their new balances to take their first steps, but they manage to get the hang of it and waddle-walk for the door.

Outside, a small group of men walks by the electronics store.

"And then I said to Terry 'yo, a girl looking that fine shouldn't work at a place like this' and then he said-"

"My god, Marco, shut up. You won't stop talking about that girl, it's been hours," the other boys chuckle.

"Hey, I'm just saying, I never knew zookeeper girls could be so—"