Food for Thought

'So this is what's under the iceberg? Woah...I mean, it's not like a high-tech place, more of an underground bunker but...this is under a fake iceberg...in a zoo...that's impressive'

Her gaze darts about the HQ's main room, trying to figure out what's going on.

'...Aye, wait, how the hell do I fit down here?... I'M NOT THAT SMALL!'

The room, in reality, just has a rather high ceiling. Bridget is agitated over nothing. There are some porthole windows in the concrete walls, revealing that the HQ is submerged... When she sees it, she shifts her gaze away from the porthole windows. No, they are not underwater...everything is fine.

'Very...tall ceilin...I wonder how thick these walls are...'

Kowalski leads her over to a little table with cinder block seats. The others are already there and before them is a large plate of sushi.

'...Oh no'

Bridget makes a face at the sushi. "Do you eat sushi?" Kowalski asks, looking up at her.

She looks down at him nervously.

'Shit, k how do I phrase this nicely?'

"W-Well uh, no, I don't...or rather, can't," she rubs her neck.

"I'm allergic,"

Kowalski looks at her, and then the sushi. "Well, that's useful information. Certainly don't want to kill you. That wouldn't do at all." He shakes his head. "I'll make you something else—"

"NO." Skipper interjects. "Rico can make it. I'm not in the mood to look for a new toaster."

Bridget puts her hands up. "Or I don't eat, I'm fine,"

"Nonsense. You're a guest and guests are taken care of." Kowalski snorts, shaking his head.

"I go' it." Rico motions to her as he slides over to their fridge, getting out bread and cheese.

"...Okay," she slowly nods, currently standing by the table. After a few minutes, Rico brings her over one fish-free grilled cheese. "Yum yum." He dramatically gestures.

Slightly smiling at the offer, she nods and takes the dish. "Thanks," She then joins the rest at the table awkwardly.

Kowalski finally takes a seat himself and gets some sushi on his plate.

With everyone sitting down at the table, Bridget takes a moment to study where she's at. She's having lunch...with the penguins. And, although she was used to them by this point, she never expected to be sitting and sharing lunch with them.

'They've been...nice to me...why though? I'm not the nicest person around...maybe I've been too nice back...I gotta keep my distance...'

She takes a bite of her sandwich. Oh, not bad. The penguins eat their sushi fairly quietly, each to their own thoughts. They all silently munched on their food.

"...Allergic to fish, how's that work? Like, fish makes you sneeze to death?" Skipper breaks the hush, glancing at her.

"Like Kowalski in a flower shop!" Private nods.

Bridget gives them all a slight look. "Pollen allergies are a lil different from severe fish allergies. In my experiences, I get bad rashes and swellin in me throat,"

"Yeah, that's different." Skipper sips his coffee. "Kinda like birds with avocados."

She nods at him before thinking, then shrugs. "But, allergies or not, I don't think I'd like fish anyways,"