Un-X-pected Events

A few blocks are all Bridget can succeed to skate from where she sits to contemplate.

With a hand on her forehead, and her eyes closed, she can really start to feel the emotions rising up from her.

'You should go back...they needed your help and ya turned them down,'

The guilt remains within her, no matter how much she tries to push it down, it keeps bubbling up to the surface.

Their expressions won't leave her mind, how miserable and confused they looked. Their voices. Their body language. Their eyes...

Drip

Bridget blinks and looks at the wet drop of water that fell from the sky. And then sees another one...and another one. 'Til soon, she sees thousands of raindrops all hailing down from the clouded night sky. Bridget, now very much drenched in her black jacket and grey sweatpants, growls a sigh.

'...Oh great...it's rainin'

Her black eyes then avert to the direction the pengmen went.

'...I can't leave them, not like this,'

Getting up, she looks at the sky, and then forward again.

'I'm not the only one who's had a rough night...kidnapped me or not, leavin them doesn't make me any better than them. I gotta help them...it's the right thing ta do'

And with that, Bridget begins to skate instantly, her goal now set to find the penguins. And...to apologize to them.

0000000

"Rico, tent me." Skipper orders, holding out his hand towards him.

Rico tries, but obviously is having trouble. He eventually shakes his head with a sigh. "Sorry."

Skipper frowns, but then nods. "That's alright, not your fault." He sighs and sits back on the ground and glances over at Private. "How's that fire going?"

Private looks at the damp sticks and shakes his head. "The rain won't let them light, sir."

"Greeaat."

The sky claps emphatically with thunder and dark grey clouds surround the New York City. What was once a pleasant breeze night is now a wet, dark, and cold night. A bridge doesn't help keep the outside environment from the boys, with the raindrops splashing at them from the freezing wind. With another strike of thunder in the sky, it becomes clear that this is going to be one rough night.

Kowalski looks over at the others from a little away with a sigh as he thinks. Obviously, the bridge was a stupid idea on his part.

Giving up on the fire, Private and his sticks move over to Kowalski and sit next to him. "You haven't really said much since we left Bridget."

"Oh...Well. I just haven't really had anything to say is all." He shrugs.

Lightning hits next to the bridge.

"ASDGKJ!"

And suddenly the four penguin-men are clustered together in a corner under the bridge.

Another breeze hits harshly, they realize how chilly they are. How cold it is without feathers.

Sure, in molting seasons, there are moments of cold and suffering. But that's in the spring, with time to prep so surviving the molting can be less-painful to experience.