Mending the Cleaved

Soon the gang reaches the apartment again.

Bridget skates forward to greet the doorman with a stare, and the doorman still hasn't received a wave back. But the doorman returns a stare at the others once again, especially Rico carrying a Kowalski on his shoulders. However, at this point, Kowalski murmurs to Rico, he is put back down to walk himself.

The doorman shifts his direction to Bridget, who is scrambling for something in her bag. "...Excuse me...but how much do they charge for a night?"

Her eyes blink and look up at him surprised. "...Huh?"

"You're employees?... You are their Madam, right?"

Bridget's eyes lit up, her face pink.

Kowalski's hands instantly cover Private's ears with widened eyes and a flushed face. Skipper and Rico both narrow their eyes at the doorman. "You got the wrong idea."

"Right...We're...Relatives from out of town." Kowalski then sputters. "I'm her uh...Step-father and these are my brothers."

'STEP-FATHER?!"

Her head snaps over to Kowalski confused, but upon realizing it's their cover story...and a better one than what the doorman was implying, she takes a silent huff and goes along. "Yeah...no, it's not like that. They're...family," Bridget adds on, cautiously.

Slowly, the doorman blinks. "...So are they still interested?"

Bridget rolls her eyes and walks past the doorman, signaling the others to follow.
As they waddle past, hands still on Private's ears, Kowalski looks over at him. "Not even if Hell froze over."

The doorman gives a sad expression...but he deserved it.

With more staring again inside the lobby, they inside reached the elevator, and the doors closed. "...I'm sorry about that, that was...really awkward," Bridget huffs when rubbing the back of her neck.

Skipper just shakes his head. "Guess that officially answered my question last night though."

Kowalski releases Private's head and rubs his hands over his own flushed face, shaking his head. "Cod."

Bridget rolls her eyes...before turning to Kowalski. "...Step-dad?"

"U m...." He looks at her and clears his throat. "Well uh.... I knew relatives would be a stretch since there's no resemblance between us and you so... Rather than say someone was dating anyone, it seemed better to go with a step-parental relative." He smiles sheepishly. "Sorry."

"...It's uh...it's fine," She shrugs. "Just wasn't expectin it...although you're right on the resemblance shit. For havin some of my DNA inside of ya'll, I would expect ta see at least a lil ginger qualities,"

Kowalski shrugs slightly. "To be fair, red is a more recessive allele, if I remember correctly." Her head nods back and forth a little.

"Well, then your bodies definitely took some artistic libraries with your new appearances."

Kowalski nods slightly.