A Taste of Something New

The following morning becomes the usual routine.

Wake up (or, for the penguins, crawl out of their clothes so they don't suffocate), grab some food, pack up, and skate on over to the zoo. Bridget didn't mind the schedule and was quite growing accustomed to it.

This time, as she skates through the streets of Manhattan, she notices how quiet the penguins are. But the sudden snores from her bag, breaking the silence.

'...Oh, they're asleep...cute'

But she hastily shakes her head, slowing down her skate once more...inexplicably. The ginger makes certain that they are safe when sleeping.

'Why do I keep thinkin they're cute? Isn't that weird?? C'mon, be normal for once'

"Rico, shhhhh." Skipper sleepily grumbles.

'...K, they're a lil cute, I'll think that'

On the next curve, she executes an elegant turn, successfully approaching inside Central Park.

"No...Moo cow may not have marshmallow..."

'...Cute but concernin...really concernin...I think they need therapy'

Bridget tiredly sighs. She had no idea they would doze off. Have they had problems sleeping the night before? She couldn't blame them; she did herself.

"Kowalski, you shhh too." Skipper mumbles.

The redhead lets out a hushed chuckle.

'I should probably wake them up? But we're not there yet...could let them rest a lil lo'

Bridget then trips over a stone and falls.

Four penguins emerge from the backpack, wide awake and in defensive positions. "Where's the danger?" Skipper takes a look around.

"...Rocks...rocks are the danger," Bridget muttered from behind, her entire face buried in the dirt.

"What?" The four of them turn around. "Oh."

Kowalski waddles over and bats down the grass. "Are you injured?"

Black-colored eyes gaze up at him. "I'm fine," Getting up to her feet, she rubs off the grass on her...minus her hair, which collected a lot in her tangles. The penguins nod and tiredly stretch.

"Ya fellas slept alright?" Bridget squats down to them in conce—because she's tired.

"Not really." Skipper yawns.

"Private's been having nightmares so we've kept a lamp on...Meaning the rest of us didn't sleep either." Kowalski adds.

"Oh," she nods empathically.

Private taps his flippers together. "Maybe next time I can try sleeping without it?"

"Nah, it's fine." Skipper waves him off.

"...I got a lil night-light if it helps. Not as bright or distractin as the lamp," She offers to Private nicely.

'And don't ask why I have a night-light'

"That would be lovely, thank you." He smiles at her.

Bridget gives a thumbs up and stands back up. "Maybe walkin...or uh, waddlin the rest of the way should wake up ya fellas more. It's not far from where we're at,"

"Agreed." Skipper nods. "Come on, boys." He motions forward and the four slide off into the zoo.

Bridget skates after them, staring out into the distance. However, after a while, she began to feel a little mischievous...and skates faster.