A Ride to Robinsons

"I make a left on this street, right?"

Kowalski tilts his phone with a nod. "I think so?"

With a nod, Bridget swings around the curve of the street gracefully, not having any trouble, despite how tight of a turn it was.

And without hesitation, she skates on cautiously, yet hastily. This ribald section of the city is unfamiliar to her. Bridget just hopes she isn't being led to a junkyard.

With the penguins riding inside her bag, the only time conversation picks up is among whispering from the penguins or the topic of directions.

Otherwise, the journey from the zoo to wherever these birds were narrating her to go has been quiet. Not much from Bridget, and not much from them.

To Bridget, she doesn't mind the silence, she probably even prefers it. At the moment she isn't in the mood to chat, particularly to penguins who she hasn't grown comfortable too. No, she's focused on traveling to the desired location, to get the gear and fittings they (or, mostly Kumquat) require so everything can revert to normal...or at least, feel normal-ish. So she thought to herself in silence, topics of 'Did I get all my questions answered?' or 'So are all animals not stupid but intelligent?' come up in her mind.

Besides, even if she does try to make an effort of a conversation, what is she supposed to say?

'Hello, nice to finally meet you, thanks for kidnapping me and now taking me somewhere in the city I probably wanted to avoid. Also, how are you?'

It wouldn't be a lie to say a part of Bridget slightly regrets making a deal. But...a deal is a deal. And so she doesn't complain.

After a few minutes of silence, there's a small throat clearing from the backpack. "So...Brigid, right?" Kumquat asks.

Snapping out of thought, her head slightly turns to glance at the tallest penguin. "Uh...Bridget," she corrects, before biting her lips and awkwardly turning her head forward.

"Ah right, my apologies. I suppose we owe you an introduction. I'm Kowalski."

"And I'm Private." Private waves.

Skipper rolls his eyes.

"Skipper...you've met, and Rico's the quiet one."

"Yep." Rico nods.

Bridget glances back again, nodding at them.

"Uh...nice to...meet you?" She tries to greet friendly...' tries'. But instead, she comes off awkward and confused, and Bridget herself realizes this, her head faces forward again.

'C'mon, knock it off. Just stop talkin, you're makin this weird'

One would think being forced to go to gathering social parties by your Aunt would make you better at talking to people. Then again, she's not talking to people.

Kowalski nods, pulling out his clipboard. "... Would you mind if I asked you a few questions? About what abnormalities you may have encountered since that explosion?"

Biting her lip again, Bridget recognized it was time to socialize, sighing as she thinks a moment of her conditions.

"...With what I know so far? ...Hearin animals talk, feathers, moments of headaches or sore body...uhh..." She hesitates with her last one.

"...A tail" she mumbles out.

The penguin nods, jotting this down before pausing with furrowed brows. "I'm sorry, could you repeat that last item?"