Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Skipper looks up as Kowalski enters the room. He sips his coffee. "So how is she?"

"She'll be okay...Still not sure what triggered her, but with rest, she should be fine." He takes a seat at the table. Rico serves the hotdogs around.

"But speaking of Bridget..." Kowalski clears his throat. "She did ask if we were planning to wipe her memory once this is all over."

Private frowns and looks at Skipper. "...Are we?"

"Nah. She'd be too good of an asset. I mean an inside man among the zoo-overlords? Too good of a thing to pass up." He shakes his head.

"...And what if she plans to leave New York once this is accomplished?"

Skipper glanced at him as he picked up his hot dog. "Then we convince her to stay put. Easy."

"Are you certain it would be that simple, Skipper?" Private looks over at him.

"Of course I am." He shrugs. "We're likable. Eventually, we'll grow on her enough like mold and she won't want to be without us like...blue cheese."

Kowalski and Private both make a face of disgust.

"Not your best metaphor, sir, but I agree with the thoughts behind it. However, I don't think it will be simple...She's quite guarded, like you...And spirited. It's going to take a lot of convincing to change her mind."

Skipper shrugs, crossing his arms behind his head. "I'm not worried." He glanced at Kowalski. "If you were able to grow on me, and I've noticed how you've been clinging to her, you're bound to grow on her too and wear her down. You and Private both."

He says this so confidently as if he knows any better.

"Yeaaah, I'm not so sure about that, Skipper." Kowalski rubs the back of his neck. "I may have weirded her out earlier, in which case she's going to be even more inspired to leave us as soon as possible."

"Kowalski, I warned you not to get attached. Did you give her a goodnight kiss?" Private looks over at him.

"...I don't want to talk about it."

"Huh?" Their commander gives them a look. "Why are you giving the human goodnight kisses?"

"I don't want to talk about it, sir." He sighs, taking a bite of his hotdog.

He squints at him for a moment. "...You can't actually be thinking of adopting her, Kowalski. She's older than Private."

"....So? Doesn't mean she doesn't still need parental guidance." He looks at him. "Need I remind everyone that she jumped out of a window?!"

Everyone besides Kowalski groans. It seems once again their fellow genius has grown attached to something he shouldn't have...on a parental scale.

"I said you could befriend her, not adopt her." Skipper gives him a long look. "She's an adult. You can't adopt an adult."

"I never said I was. I was going to keep it quietly to myself..." He looks at his cup. "Until I went on autopilot tucking her in. So none of it is going to matter now anyway." He sighs.