Epilogue 3

A year later and a half later

Harry comes out of the bathroom, waist down wrapped in a towel. I have to hold in my drool, just staring at him, gawking. His body is still the same as it was almost ten years ago.

"Like what you see?" He smirks at me from across the room while fixing his hair.

My face breaks out in a smile towards him. "Always do, my love."

Making his way over to the bed, he lays down, now just in his underwear. My hands immediately go to his chest, running my fingers up and down it slowly.

"How are you feeling about tomorrow?" He asks, the hand that isn't holding up his head goes to my face, brushing my cheek.

Tomorrow we're taking Stephen up to college. He decided he wanted to get away from home and go to a school a few hours away and tomorrow is move in day for him.

I half-heartedly nod. "I think so." There's a pause. "Actually, I don't know. How am I supposed to feel?"

Harry chuckles and tucks my hair behind my ear. "I don't think there's a specific way you're supposed to feel, darling. Your first born son is going to college. He's growing up and it's okay to feel sad, or angry that he's going so far away. But, I also think you could feel proud and happy that he feels confident enough to go out on his own and face the world."

Tears cloud my vision at how beautiful what he just said was. "I love you." I say with a slight waver in my voice.

"Morgan," he kisses me, "I love you so much and I'll be here for you no matter what you feel."

"I love you so much. I got so lucky with you." I tell him as he wipes a tear that made its way down my cheek.

He shakes his head. "No way, my love, I got lucky with you. We'll get through this together."

I nod my head in agreement. "Together."

After a few more minutes of conversation about the day, we call it a night because we know we're in for a long day tomorrow.

The next morning, Harry and I get up early to make breakfast for the kids, hoping it would put them in a better mood for our trip.

"Stephen!" I call up to my son. "You better be ready, we have to go!"

I would be lying if I said it didn't feel different today than it did last night. I keep reminding myself that he has to do this to grow into an adult. It's heartbreaking to watch your oldest child grow up.

Sage and Jasmine are starting high school this year on top of it and Olivia and Brian are starting kindergarten. Franklin hasn't left our house and is almost officially adopted. In a month, we are having a hearing and if all goes to plan, he's officially our family forever and both Harry and I couldn't be happier. Life is hectic at the moment, but I don't think we've had a time where it wasn't. Harry and I are used to the hustle and bustle that is children.

"I'm ready." Stephen walks down the stairs with his duffle bag.

Yesterday him and Harry spent all day packing Stephen's pickup truck and our van. Josh is driving there with Stephen and then driving the pickup home because he wanted to go with us to say goodbye. Also because Stephen isn't allowed to have a car on campus and his stuff wouldn't fit in our van with all the kids.

Harry thought it was best to bring them with us so they could say goodbye. Originally, I was going to have them stay with their grandfather and say goodbye when Stephen left, but my husband thought it would be better for all of us to have the kids with us.

"Grandma's calling!" Harry tells Stephen, referencing Anne, and pulls his phone out of his pocket.

Stephen takes the phone from Harry and answers the Facetime call with a smile. Just then, Josh walks in without knocking. I would be annoyed, but that boy has been around long enough to be another kid to us.