Epilogue 2

Harry's POV

Franklin has been with us for about a month now, if not longer. I can't remember because life has been more hectic. We threw him a small party for his first birthday and Morgan took a million pictures so she can share them with his family when they're found. Stephen has been missing a lot and much more moody, especially with his mother. The girls are turning thirteen in two weeks and they're trying to get me to help plan their party which is typically what they ask their mom for.

The fact that the three of them are ganging up on her has given her a lot of stress. I'm not stupid, I know it's about Franklin being here, but I'm not sure how Stephen fits into that. I understand the girls' frustration, it was something we went over in one of our classes. They might just be feeling overwhelmed or looked-over now that there's another body in the house. This theory, however, confuses me because they've never reacted so coldly to another child who has come to the house. I make sure to clear some time to talk to them later.

Right now, I'm chasing my other children down to get out of the house. Stephen is sitting with Sage and Jasmine at the kitchen island, eating breakfast. The other two toddlers run around and I'm trying to corral them while giving Franklin a bottle.

"Stephen, can you please give Franklin his bottle while I get your siblings ready?"

He shakes his head. "No can do, Harry," I pause my movements, not sure how to respond. He hasn't called me that in eight years. Since I proposed to Morgan, he's called me dad. "Josh is picking me up right now." He says looking at his phone.

I decide not to start anything now, considering we're already late. "Olivia! Brian! Let's go!"

Thank God I hear footsteps descending the stairs as lightning speed. I don't have time to be nervous before they show up in front of me.

"Sorry, daddy." Brian says. "Livi couldn't find pants." He giggles.

I turn to my daughter who is standing next to her brother in a shirt, underwear and socks, nothing else. Try not to laugh which is much harder than I thought it would be.  Instead I pick her up in my other arm and take her to her room. "Jasmine or Sage, please feed your brother breakfast." I call over my shoulder.

It's days like these when I wish my wife wasn't on call all times of the day. Morgan got called in early this morning, not telling me why. She kissed me and the kids goodbye and then headed to the office.

"Olivia." I scold, feeling my anger and stress rising when I see the state of her room. Clothes are everywhere even though her and Morgan cleaned it last night. "What is this?" I ask rhetorically. "Just pick a pair of pants, put them on and meet me downstairs." I know she's only three, but she's been very independent and usually never has a problem doing tasks like this by herself.

She just whines and stomps around her room. "You have five minutes before I bring you to grandpa's with no pants." I threaten, knowing I won't actually do that because she will find pants. "Remember, it's winter and today is cold."

"Okay, daddy." I hear her quiet voice behind me.

Franklin finishes his bottle on our way down the stairs and I silently cheer. I'm pleased to see that the girls listened to me and fed their brother. He sits with Sage watching closely over him and a half empty plate. There's also two more full plates waiting for Olivia and I.

I thank my daughters and burp Franklin. Even though this morning is stressful, it's getting better. After four minutes, I tell the kids who are ready to get in the car. I continue to burp Franklin and wait for Olivia.

Today I'm dropping the young ones off with their grandfather and working. Typically, I don't work Thursdays, but I have a huge conference call. They pushed it back just enough for me to get the kids to school and their grandpa's by 8 am. That's why we're in more of a rush this morning.