Chapter 49

The past six months have been very stressful. Neither Harry nor I have been able to visit each other or have a break. There was a weekend in June that looked good, but something happened at Harry's work last minute and I thought it would be best to not visit.

Stephen has been acting out and I can only think that it's due to his limited contact with Harry. It also doesn't help that I haven't been in a good mood either from not seeing Harry in half a year.

However, I'm hoping it all ends today because Harry is coming to our house for Stephen's birthday and plans on staying for at least two weeks. One week will be spent at home with everyone and the other will be just Harry and I in the city. Stephen will join us for the weekend and see Harry off, but the five days in the middle will be me and Harry, alone.

Margaret took Stephen and I to pick Harry up at the airport. I would have brought myself, but I was too overwhelmed. I didn't trust myself to drive so Margaret offered.

"I bet you both are very excited to see Harry again, yes?" She questions us from the front seat.

"Yes! I haven't seen him in so so so long. I can't wait to show him how good I am at soccer, or what he calls it, football." Stephen speaks first. When he says the word 'football' he mimics what he thinks Harry sounds like causing Margaret and I to laugh.

She looks in the rearview mirror and makes eye contact with me. "And you, Morgan, any new skills to show Harry?"

I gape at her, not expecting her to make such a crude joke with Stephen here. "Absolutely not. Just planning on taking him on the boat again. This time maybe showing him how to fish or actually ride a horse."

Instead of responding, she just gives me a look which makes me roll my eyes and sit back in my seat.

"I also have more drawings to show and give him. Do you think he brought me a birthday present? Does he know it's my birthday today?" Stephen starts speaking again and asks me.

I nod my head at him. "He definitely knows it's your birthday, bubs. As for a present, I can't promise anything, but he did call and ask what you wanted a few weeks ago."

"Yay!" He cheers. "How much longer until we see him?" He continues to question.

"I don't know, it's sooner than it was five minutes ago."

He groans and throws himself back on the seat, being dramatic.

Deciding it's best to keep him entertained, I pull out my phone and hand it to him. "Play a game, it will make the time go by quicker."

Immediately, he sits up and grabs it. The rest of the ride goes about the same. Stephen asks questions every once in a while but mostly plays on my phone. I, on the other hand, stare out the window watching the cars and trees pass.

Margaret drops us off and says she'll wait at the curb. We get out and make our way into the airport.

"Harry!" Stephen screams and begins jumping up and down, still holding my hand, when he sees him from across the baggage claim.

My dad had offered to send the jet for Harry, but he refused, preferring to take a public flight. He's very environmentally conscious.

This obviously catches Harry's attention and he begins to make his way towards us. As I expected, Stephen meets him halfway and jumps so Harry will catch him. My boyfriend, who also planned on this happening, grabs him in mid-air and hugs him to his body.

Stephen is getting older and bigger now, but it doesn't phase me when Harry grabs him with minimal effort. They're too far away busy and the airport is too for me to overhear their conversation, but Stephen and Harry both look like they're the happiest they've ever been, bringing a smile to my face.