Chapter 47

Harry's POV

Stephen helps me wake Morgan up by jumping on her. I tried to tell her I had something planned to motivate her out of bed, but it's hard to do. It's not a lie because I do have a surprise for the night and I'm thankful when she just goes along with it rather than asking me a million questions like usual.

Christmas was three days ago. I got her a gift certificate for a spa near her, a silk bathrobe and black Gucci Marmont bag. She got me a smartwatch that isn't an Apple watch so it looks a bit nicer for when I'm at work. She complains all the time because I spend money on her. I continue to tell her that it doesn't mean anything because it's the thought that counts, but she still hates it, especially super expensive ones.

Stephen got another mountain of presents from my family and has the promise of even more when his family gets home. Morgan learned her lesson after Stephen's birthday when she had to ship all of his presents to and from here.

Every time I think about her leaving, I get physical pains in my chest. The last thing I want her to do after having the best two weeks is leave. Unfortunately, she has to because classes start soon and she has to prep.

"C'mon darling, I made lunch for us." I, yet again, try to pull her from bed. All I want to do is have her get up and spend more time with me, but she obviously has other plans.

She quickly covers herself with the duvet, making sure to hide her entire body, including her head. "Nope, not moving." Her voice comes from under the blanket.

"It's your favorite." I say in a sing-song voice.

She knows I'm not lying because the smell has taken over the house. "You're too good at this. No one is ever able to get me out of bed." She moves the duvet off her face.

"I know you too well, darling." I lean over and place a kiss on her forehead.

Eventually, not fast enough for me, she gets up and eats the food that was made with love and a pinch of bribery.

Stephen happily eats his bowl full of pasta while sitting next to me, engrossed in a conversation about what he thinks he's getting when the Stevens get back to America. Meanwhile, I see Morgan zoning out. She slowly raises the food to her mouth, eyes staring at a spot on the wall, eyebrows furrowed.

"Morgan?" I ask, making her head snap up from the plate as if she was caught doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing.

She hums in response. I assume not knowing what else to say.

I reach my hand over and grab hers, my thumb running over her knuckles in a soothing way. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just thinking about life." She dismisses me.

Rather than try to force it out of her, I decide to just change the subject and tell her about the surprise, in hopes to take her mind off of wherever it is right now. "Niall and Louis are coming over later to watch Stephen. My surprise is that we're going to karaoke with our families."

Her face breaks out into a smile. She knows my family loves karaoke, but I'm hoping her family is similar and will have a good time with it. "That's amazing. I can't wait!" She wraps her arms around my shoulders and kisses the side of my head, making my heart flutter.

The rest of the afternoon goes the same as the past week. We just hang around my house.

However, Morgan seems like she's in a better mood now that she knows we get to let loose and have fun tonight with our families.

Gemma comes over and the two of them get ready together. I love how well they get along. It makes me happy and hopeful that they'll continue to be close for the rest of our lives.