Chapter 33

The plane landed a few hours ago. Stephen and I both slept the whole way and took another nap when we got to Niall's. He made up two guest rooms for us to sleep in. When Stephen found out that it was his Uncle Niall's house, he couldn't stop running around looking for him and at everything he had in the house. I had to explain to him that Niall is at work and we will see him later.

At the current moment, we're on our way to the hospital. Stephen is bouncing in his seat, very excited to finally meet Brian. I, on the other hand, feel nervous. There is no reason I should, but I have a weird feeling that Harry is there. It's a work day so he should be in the office, but I just have this gut feeling that he's at the hospital.

We pull up and Stephen rushes out. I have to call after him to get him to stop from running wild.

Making our way to the front desk, I have to lie to the secretary and tell her I'm his grandchild. Without much question, they let the both of us in.

Following the directions to his room, I make Stephen hold my hand so he doesn't run off and get lost. I swear this kid snuck candy at Niall's. My stomach is in knots the closer we get.

We finally make it to his room, I knock and Mary comes outside to greet us.

"It's only two in the room, at most. The rest of the family is in the waiting room. I'll let you two have your moment with him and then you two can come and find me." She gives me and Stephen a hug, which he gladly accepts.

For a kid not growing up around a lot of people, at least that's what the police report said, he is very friendly and welcoming.

I take a deep breath and open the door, my eyes tearing up as I see someone I consider a second dad laying in the hospital bed. It breaks my heart to see him sitting there, looking so fragile. I try not to think about it, but I start to get memories of my mom in the same position as him.

"Hello, Mr. Selley." I speak before my thoughts become too much and take over.

"Morgan! Stop with that, I thought we were past that."

I chuckle and walk over, leaning down to kiss his cheek. "We are, Brian, I was just teasing."

"Mommy does that a lot, especially with all my uncles." Stephen's tiny voice cuts in.

Brian's face immediately lights up like a Christmas tree. "Mr. Stephen, I am so glad you're here. Come and sit, let me look at you."

Stephen has a smile and obliges Brian's orders. He sits next to Brian on the hospital bed and they both start talking up a storm. They have seen each other on facetime, but I believe there is something different about meeting in person for the first time.

I lose focus, just watching the two interact with a giant smile on my face. This interaction could not have gone any better. There was no doubt in my mind the two would love each other and get along as well as they are, but it warms my heart to see it play out.

After about an hour, a nurse comes in the change Brian's IV. Stephen being Stephen asks what that means and if he can watch. I tell him no and usher him out of the room, now looking for the waiting room that Mary said everyone would be in.

Even though I'm nervous to see a certain curly headed boy, I do kind of hope he's there and I'll be able to talk with him.

Stephen leads the way into the room and goes to sit by Mary. She happily pulls him up onto the seat and starts speaking with him.

I stopped at the entranceway, my eyes locked with the green ones I like so much. The first thing I notice is that he cut his hair. It's not too short, but much shorter than it was before I left. What feels like an eternity passes, and we both snap out of the trance when Gemma speaks.