Chapter 48

It's only my second week back to school and it's already a lot more stressful than last semester. It's to be expected because the material is getting harder, but I also feel like there's more busy work than there needs to be.

Currently, it's 10pm Thursday night and I'm finishing two papers and a quiz before I get on a plane at 12am. Stephen is staying here because I'll only be gone for the weekend and I have to leave at odd times and I don't want him getting messed up just to see Harry. He was super upset but got better when I promised to Facetime as soon as I saw Harry.

I force myself to keep my eyes open and finish my work. Once it's done, the weekend is free and I can spend all my time with Harry without distractions.

After another hour of work, I finally finish all my work with a sigh. It's the best I could do and now I have to pack for the trip. I should have packed a day or two ago, but I'm a huge procrastinator. Another reason I wanted to finish my work tonight rather than leave it for the plane ride back.

Margaret greets me at my front door to take me to the airport to put me on my flight.

"Good evening Peter." I greet the pilot as I get in the jet.

"Miss Stevens." He nods his head.

I shake my with a tisk. "Please just call me Morgan, no need for those formalities, you've known me forever."

Peter just shrugs, softly apologizes and goes back to the cockpit.

Getting settled, I put my seatbelt and headphones on, deciding to take a nap. I brought more school work that would put me a little ahead in the semester, but after all the work I finished only a few hours ago, all I want to do is take a mental break.

Thank God this weekend will be that. Forty-eight hours of just Harry and I. I've been looking forward to surprising him for his thirtieth for a while now. Anne and I have a whole plan laid out and I am ready to execute it perfectly.

I can't believe Harry is turning 30. It's a big birthday for a lot of people and I hope he appreciates what I'm doing for him.

All I can think about over the six hour plane ride is how much this sucks. For our entire relationship we've been long distance and it's the absolute worst. I really wish I didn't have to take time to travel to him and we could be together for longer.

The more time we spend doing long distance, the more willing I am to accept Harry's offer to move to America. I don't want to be selfish and make him leave his job to be with me and Stephen but it's been a month since I last saw him in person and I miss him like crazy.

I'm not looking forward to our almost six month gap that's about to happen. Neither of us have plans of traveling to the other until Stephen's birthday when Harry comes to America.

Trying to take my mind off the very sad reality that is long distance relationships, I look out the window of the plane until I fall asleep.

My body jerks awake when a flight attendant comes and asks me if I want something to drink because we have about thirty minutes left in the flight. I slightly curse at myself for sleeping for too long before telling her I would like water.

The rest of the thirty minutes, I drink my water and try to calm my excitement down. Harry isn't going to know what hit him when I walk into his office. I hope he will be just as excited as I am.

Anne meets me on the tarmac when the plane lands and greets me with a hug. We immediately get into her car and she drives me to Harry's office building. She drops me off with a smile and a promise to tell her how he reacts.