Chapter 17

It has been a week since Harry and I got into our disagreement I guess I would call it. It wasn't a fight because there was really nothing to be fought over, but it wasn't nothing because we haven't spoken since.

We discuss work, but nothing else. Niall and I on the other hand have been hanging out and talking a lot. Not in any sexual way. We jokingly flirt with each other but it means nothing to either of us. He has someone he's been crushing on for a long time. I swear he "flirts" with me more when Harry is around just to see him get pissed off. I can't say I hate it. I like the fact that Harry gets jealous when another guy flirts with me. I think that makes me a bad person but hey, can you blame me? Harry is a handsome, successful, young guy who cares about me.  It's also nice to know some feelings are reciprocated.

I'm sitting at my desk, not worrying about much because recently no one has tried to steal anything off the server. If they have, it's not money they're going after now, but Niall assures me that all of his department's secrets are safe. I have put a program on the server that we use to notify me if anything out of the ordinary happens. It's pretty cool because it tracks the normal activity and creates a pattern. If that pattern changes, both Harry and I will get an alert and I will fix it.

Nothing has happened since I put this in on Monday, but it has only been five days. Today being Friday and all.

"Morgan!" Niall shouts as loudly as possible while walking into my department.

I roll my eyes at him. "Hi Niall, how can I help you?"

"Are you still coming today after work?" Niall refers to us going to a soccer field and just kicking around. When he brought the idea up, I was all for it. I haven't played soccer since my first year of college and I'm itching to get back. Now though, I'm tired and not really in the mood to go. I would rather cuddle up on the couch with my blanket and watch Netflix.

"I'm not sure, Ni. I'm kinda tired."

He sticks his bottom lip out and I know exactly what is coming next. "Please babe? I promise I'll go easy on you, maybe even let you win."

I try not to laugh at his begging face and the fact that his hands are folded together as he holds them at his chin. Niall doesn't know I played for years so that's what the comment is from. It doesn't piss me off, it just makes me want to go to prove him wrong. "Fine, but only if you buy me McDonalds after." I'm gonna go either way, but if I can get a free meal out of I'm going to.

"Deal." He sticks his hand out for me to shake it. "Now that I'm here, want to go to lunch?"

I nod my head and grab my wallet. "Lead the way, sir." Linking arms with Niall, we walk to the elevator.

We decide to go to an Indian food place for lunch. It's my first time so Niall has to walk me through the menu, explaining to me what everything is.

After lunch, Niall and I go back to work. When I walk into the office, I notice Brian isn't there like he usually is. I guess I noticed this morning but just thought he would be late. I shoot him a quick text asking if he is okay.

The day finishes and I get in Niall's car which is a nice, black Range Rover. Typically every rich, twenty-something man's car. I check my phone and see that Brian responded that everything was fine, he just had a doctor's appointment and wanted the day off.

When we reach the field, I see someone there already. As we get closer I realize I recognize the man around Niall's age, but I'm not sure from where.

"This is Louis Tomlinson. I mentioned him once, but I don't think you two have met properly." Niall informs me. It clicks that I recognize him from meetings the executives have that Harry insists I go to now.