Chapter 26

I wake up to the smell of bacon and toast, and light kisses all over my face. I immediately start to feel awful because I know I'm leaving and I'm about to make the incredible man who is waking me up and making me breakfast angry.

He planned this morning for us, but I can't wait too long. I roll out of bed and put some clothes on for the day when he leaves the room. As soon as I walk into the kitchen, Harry walks over to me with a big smile and places a kiss on my temple. "What would you like to drink?"

"I can get it myself."

"Absolutely not," he protests, "I wanted to make you breakfast in bed, but you ruined half of that." He says with a joking tone.

I roll my eyes and him and walk to the cabinet that holds the cups and then to the fridge to get the cold, filtered water. "I can get it myself, Mr. Styles." I walk back past him to the island and give him a kiss on the cheek.

He shakes his head at me, "Why is it that every time we start to joke around, you end up calling me Mr. Styles?"

"Because, when you annoy me, that's what I call you. It kind of bothers you, I can tell, but I do it in the most endearing way I can."

"That you do," he leans over the island to give me a kiss on the lips.

Why, the one day that I have to piss him off and then leave for an unknown amount of time is when he is the most affectionate?

For the next few minutes, we sit in comfortable silence while Harry finishes cooking. At around 10:30 he places a plate filled with delicious looking breakfast food in front of me. The plate consists of bacon, eggs, hash browns and pancakes, a giant meal that I will certainly devour. My mouth starts to salivate as the smells waft through my nose.

"This looks so good," I make sure to compliment him, "thank you so much."

He flashes me a bright smile, but doesn't respond. Throughout breakfast, we have some small talk, mostly revolving around his family. Gemma apparently got a new job and swears that her boyfriend, Samuel, is going to propose to her soon, around Christmas to be exact.

As we're cleaning up, I'm drying and putting away the dishes he's washing them.

"Hey," I turn to face him, making him stop doing dishes.

"Hey?" He raises an eyebrow at me, giving me a questioning look.

"I have to tell you something and you have to promise that you won't yell until I'm done explaining. It's not long, but I don't want you interrupting me."

"I promise." He holds his pinky out to me.

I link our pinkies and lean in and kiss my thumb, him mirroring my actions.

Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath are the only things I get to do before I rush out, "It's Liam," without thinking. I take a moment to compose my thoughts before I start again. I'm actually surprised when Harry lets me do this and doesn't speak up. "Liam is the one at the company trying to take your money. I've been monitoring all of his activity and he really is the only one that could be doing this." I have a whole presentation on it that is scheduled to be sent to him first thing Monday morning. This presentation has everything from how he did it to his motives. It includes all the times he logged on to the server from different areas and how he used a VPN to appear to be at a different location.

I can see the anger on his face and I get ready to be yelled at. I wish I could have made him promise not to get upset, but I knew his first reaction was going to be anger. "How dare you accuse Liam of that! He's your boss, my friend and an executive at my company. There is no reason that he should be doing this to me! There is no way he could do this!"