Chapter 9

Mr. Styles and I walk out my door, locking it in the process.  We make our way out of my apartment complex and take in the nice day with all the sunshine it has to offer.  This is a rare day in England where the sun is shining brightly.

I turn to Mr. Styles and let out a small laugh when I take in his appearance.  He's in dress pants and a button up shirt. I guess I didn't notice when he first got up and dressed.

He turned to me with a weird look.  "What?" He questioned me.

"Walk of shame much?"  I decide to tease him.

"God I wish."  He throws back at me.  My jaw drops and I stare at him in shock.  "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." He winks and starts to walk away.

For another 5 minutes, we walk in silence until he speaks.  "Have you thought more about my proposal?"

I take a deep breath.  "I don't know, Mr. Styles.  With all-"

"Please call me Harry."

"No thank you."

"It wasn't a question, it was a demand."

I gulp at his sudden harsh tone.  "Sorry Harry. So I have thought about it but I'm not sure I could do it.  Why not ask Liam?"

He chuckles a little bit, lightening the mood.  "Liam is already in charge of something and you have the degree for this.  Why are you so hesitant?"

I take in another deep breath, trying to get my thoughts together.  "I don't think I'm qualified to do it. I have no idea how to start a whole department.  I would have to come up with policies and hire people. There's just too much for me to do.  I'm 22, I shouldn't be the head of anything. I can't even drive over here and you want me to run my own branch of the company.  Are you crazy?!"

Apparently getting my thoughts together didn't work because I had gotten worked up over this.  I take a quick look at Mr. Styles and he was smiling.

He shrugged his shoulders.  "I started a whole company at 22."

"With help."  I point out, using the information Brian had just given me a few days ago.

"Bastard!"  Mr. Styles curses under his breath.  "Brian was not supposed to tell you that."  He has a bit of humor in his voice so I know he is not actually mad at Brian.

"Trying to impress me, Mr. Styles?"  I question him.

"Whatever you think, princess."

"Ew, don't call me that."  I crinkle my nose while looking at him.  I hate stupid pet names like that. Some are acceptable, others are not.

"Don't call me Mr. Styles and we have a deal."

We both take a moment to laugh at our banter back and forth.

"Anyway, back to the real conversation."  He brings us back to what we were discussing before we got off topic.  "Yes, I didn't do it by myself, but you're not going to either. I will help and I have no doubt in my mind that anyone that currently works for me will help.  I can help hire the people, but you have final say." He stops walking and looks at me. "Morgan, you are so smart and dedicated. There's no reason for you not to do this."

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth unable to respond to his last statement.  I just nod and start to walk again. Currently we are walking through a park, surrounded by a lot of people.

"That's it?  I go on this long rant and you just nod?"  He asks, clearly exasperated.

I shrug my shoulders.  "I'm sorry, okay?" I am getting annoyed at this point.  I decide not to yell so I soften my voice. "I'm sorry I'm not you and I'm not ready to be a department head.  I am honored that you think I can do it, I am. I just don't want to take on something I can't handle."