Chapter 7

Miranda, the girl from accounting, comes to my apartment Saturday night and is forcing me to go out. I agreed a few days ago, but now that the time has come, I am not really feeling like going out. Miranda forced me into a caged top black bodysuit with dark wash jeans.  I look like a complete slut and the way she is doing my makeup isn't exactly helping.

While doing my makeup, she asks, "So, do you have a boyfriend or are you looking to take someone home tonight?"

I laughed at her blunt question. "No boyfriend and not really looking to take someone home. Not that I'm a prude or anything, I'm just not into the whole one night stand thing." I explain.

"Really?! I love it."

"Yeah, I would prefer a relationship, I guess?"

"What about a friends with benefits situation?" She asks me.

I pause to think. "I would definitely be into that. Great sex, no emotion? Sign me up."

We both laugh at my comment as she continued to paint my face.

After a few more moments of silence, she asks, "What's up with you and Mr. CEO?"

I almost choke on the drink I'm holding in my hand. "Ugh literally nothing. He always asks me the dumbest questions about his computer, that I know he knows how to fix, yet is too lazy to do it himself. He also walked into my lunch with Brian the other day. He just keeps pissing me off." I say, clearly expressing my exasperation to my new friend.

"Damn girl, seems like he has a little bit of a crush on you."

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Fat chance." I dismiss her thought.

After finally getting ready, we head off to the bar. We already had a few drinks in our system from getting ready before hand, so we were both in a good mood to have a night out.

Once we got to the bar, I lose count of how many shots I've had and only focus on the girls I am dancing with. Miranda brought a few of her friends out, it makes the night much more fun. This is the most fun I've had since college. I am so lucky to have someone like Miranda in my life. She brings out the things in me a friend should and makes me come out of my shell.

After what feels like a thousand shots and a hundred mixed drinks, I am very drunk. I feel hands of an unidentifiable person go to my hips as I sway to the music on the speakers. I turn around and see a face I was not expecting to see. Liam.

I lean back and put my head in the crook of his neck. "What are you doing here?" I question as our hips sway with the rhythm.

"Miranda invited me. You looked like you needed a dancing partner." He answers the questions in both ways that I could have been asking.

I close my mouth before I ruin the moment and grind my hips on Liam's. He is a very attractive male around my age, but unfortunately I could only think of another man right now who happens to be the same age as Liam.

Before I got too heated with Liam, I excuse myself to the bathroom to send a text no one would suspect. Or everyone would suspect because let's face it, I am the most predictable person in the world.   

Me: Heyyty

I hit send with the dumbest smile on my face. I really hope he would answer because I really wanted to talk to him right now. Without another thought, he responds.

Mr. Styles: Are you drunk?

                     Me: Omg how coils yoy tell?
Am I that obbioud??