Chapter 41

Harry's POV

I left Morgan and her family about three months ago. I had the most amazing time with them during that week and I never wanted to leave. Half of it was because I was having so much fun, the other half was that I never wanted to leave Morgan again. It's now June, and it's getting super busy and stressful at work.

Morgan is currently on the phone with me, talking about how she wants to quit her job with me. She got into law school and I am incredibly proud of her for figuring out that's what she wanted to do. The first night I was at her house, I made a joke to her about it, but then she mentioned to me that she wanted to be a lawyer when she was younger and my comment made it fresh in her mind again.

"Darling, I'm happy you're pursuing your dream, but why do you have to stop working for me?" I ask while looking through and responding to emails.

She groans and lays back on her bed, bringing her phone in the air so I'm still looking at her pretty face. "I told you already, please listen." She says angrily and I start to feel bad about only half paying attention. "I'm going to download a virus on your computer to make you pay attention to me."

I stop with my emails, locking my computer and turning around in my chair so my sole focus is on my girlfriend. "I'm sorry, my love. You have my full, undivided attention now."

"As I was explaining earlier," I can see her trying not to roll her eyes. "I got into an accelerated program so I finish in two years instead of three. All of my focus goes to that because it's the same amount of work in less time than normal. I don't have time to work, Harry. I'm sorry, but at least this time you have three months to replace me." She tries to make a joke, but I get scared. I hated the time when she left and I'm still nervous she'll do it again.

Instead of giving her a verbal response, I just nod.

"Babe." My head snaps up at the pet name and I get a huge smile on my face. It's rare that she lets me call her something like that, let alone called me that. She has some weird aversion with pet names. The only person she has ever called by a nickname besides this is Stephen. I'm glad she lets me call her darling because she used to not like that. "Come visit. I would come out, but my house is more fun in the summer, plus Stephen has school still. You could bring Niall and Louis and we could just have a lot of stress relieving days." She suggests with a really bright smile. "If you want, I could send the jet." Morgan winks at me.

Knowing she was joking, I let out a laugh. "My love, I can get my own jet if I want it. I prefer flying commercial."

"Wow look at you, so environmentally conscious. What an amazing boyfriend I have." She says sarcastically. Morgan is one of those people to only use luxuries when absolutely necessary so when she comes to visit me, she'll fly commercial.

I feign hurt and dramatically place my hand on my chest, over my heart. "Right in the heart, darling."

We both laugh and I sit back a little further in my chair, feeling more relaxed. "Please come visit. I miss you." She says with a frown that just about breaks my heart. Little does she know I already have a ticket for tomorrow. Even though long distance sucks, a great part is to be able to take her by surprise like this.

Along with my overall plan being different, my family is also accompanying me. I can't wait to see her face when she notices us.

For the time being, I put on a sad face. "I'm sorry, darling. I wish I could, but it's our quarter end so everything is super busy." Not technically a lie. It is quarter end, but I got all that shit done already, thank God.