Chapter 32

It is now the 15th of December, a Tuesday, and my day has been hectic. Niall called this morning so of course I answered. This time I also talked to Louis who made it perfectly clear that his birthday is soon and I must send him a present.

Then, since I'm not working yet, it's my job to feed and groom the horses. Even though it's winter, I still take each of them on a small walk. There are five of them so it takes a while. When I was done with that Stephen had come home from school and done his homework.

He begged me to take him to do something today, even though there really is nothing to do in town. We ended up just walking around and sitting by the water bundled in our coats. After he got too cold we went home and made hot chocolate. We then put on our pajamas and I played Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

I look at my son and just admire him. He has been through a lot in his life yet he is probably the happiest and smartest kid ever. That might be biased, but I don't care. I watch as Stephen quietly sings along to all the songs in the movie.

Halfway through the movie, he moves his body to cuddle into me by lifting my arm and laying into my side. My heart melts even more when I hear him whisper, "I love you mom."

My breathing stops and tears cloud my vision. I whisper, "I love you too," back and give him a kiss on the top of his head. This makes him snuggle even more into my side.

The rest of the movie goes on with us just sitting there together, in our own little bubble. Dad finally comes home from work and announces he brought pizza home for dinner. Stephen is quick to get up to get a slice. The day was long and he had some snacks, but dad was home late today so it makes sense.

"Good evening dad!" I say happily as we all sat down for dinner.

"You're in a good mood." He points out. "Does it have to do with a boy?"

I roll my eyes. "I don't need a boy to put me in a good mood."

"But you didn't deny it." Thomas points out.

Again, I roll my eyes. "It does have to do with a boy but not the one you're thinking. I'll tell you all later."

We move on with our dinner, talking about everyone's days and I told them how Margaret was teaching me how to drive again. I got the idea when I saw my old 1965 Mustang Convertible just collecting dust in the garage. If I had it my way I would be driving now, but Margaret saw me and got angry since I haven't been behind the wheel in five years.

The Mustang was a gift from my dad on my 17th birthday, the day I got my full license. It was expensive and I knew that, but it was my dream car. He got me a baby blue one and I was never more thankful for anything in my life. I took the best care of that car that even after not running for five years works like would have in the 60s.

At that time, it was easy to get guys to talk to me because they liked the car but it was hard to keep them because my brothers would scare them off. Except Eric. He couldn't be scared off. Half of me wishes he would have been but the other half knows I have the life I do now because of him.

The night goes on and eventually Stephen goes to bed because he has school tomorrow.

My dad, brothers and I migrate to the living room to just spend time together before we go off the sleep. Greg is missing and I haven't seen him in a few days but Thomas and Charlie say he's at his girlfriend's apartment.

"Tell us why you are in such a good mood." Charlie urges me. "Is it finally about Harry?"

"No, it's not about Harry. I'm over him. It doesn't matter anymore, that was my past life. For the first time, Stephen told me today that he loves me." I let out an excited squeal.