Cherrybite- Miss forbidden 16

Nate <8bite

Nate heard him exhale sharply suggesting to her he was at the least agitated by her short response- may even see it as impudence. She argued internally with the small motion of frustration he'd made- what had he expected- I’m fantastic after you just drowned, abused and murdered a cinema assistant because she slept with my boyfriend?

It wasn’t Steph's fault- it may have seemed she was the one to blame at the time but...with the sense that engulfed Nate whenever he was near she realised it was Julian. Julian had been the problem, Steph had been looking for a little male company and attention, heck Nate knew Julian was a pretty savvy looking guy of course she would sleep with him- unlike herself she thought reprehensibly.

Nate felt a flood of guilt swoon in her heart. What was wrong with her- she'd heard of vehemence and a jaundiced eye driving people to do strange things but letting someone die...at the hands of someone who equally held your life in the balance- to be subjected to what he was so freely capable of without any suggestion of remorse or human hesitation. Nate began to grind her tongue between her teeth.

She felt resentment, still felt anger, still felt rejection in the sense that she'd trusted Julian so deeply but now she felt exasperated that because of Julian...Steph was dead...because of her...she was dead, gone, never to breathe again, deprived from her family and friends over something as trivial as proving a point. She wasn’t sure who to blame, Julian, him or herself were they not all equally as bad as each other, equally responsible for Steph. It felt wrong even referring to her as a person anymore- she seemed more like an object that had been carelessly used by two men. An unfortunate symbol of what men were capable of.

Nate didn’t know what to do, she didn’t want to die, didn’t want to have her hands bound painfully from behind, didn’t want to see the content of that room as something meant for herself. Yet she couldn’t stay here, couldn’t leave...couldn’t do a lot around here apart from remaining submissive and quiet- no not submissive...well behaved but never submissive...she'd attempt staying collected, calm, abiding to some extent but always on her feet, always ready to get away if ever anyone gave just a little grace and submitted a chance.

Her ears pricked at the sound of him approaching, she'd kept her eyes on the chair away from him to avoid giving any sense of what she was thinking away to those dark abyss eyes. She was more weary this time- would try her best not to provoke another reason for him to make her see things from his point of view- no more seeing the light. Nate was in the dark, in the dark where his mind constantly lingered observing everything with silent precision.

He knelt down beside the chair she'd made hers and almost instantly she detected his hesitancy, headstrong but evidently faltering from the way he crouched. Nate couldn’t remember a time she'd paid so much attention to someone’s approach alone, other than when Julian came over to her on the day he asked her out- it'd been the rumour for a while.

"Nothing's going to hurt you here."

His words confirmed his instability, he sounded strange...almost trying to be sincere but the words seemed false even to him- so much so that he spoke them uncomfortably. Her eyes remained directed away as some form of subconscious punishment to him. Nate didn’t want anything to do with someone who abused women let alone killed them with a feasible attitude.

She could feel him leaning closer and fought to ignore the way the close contact made her stomach knot when she felt his lips on her neck. Her body ruptured with an uncontrollable amateur, rapturous tingle but at the same time acid rose and scolded her throat- she swallowed it down along with the betraying excitement her body naturally fabricated.

Nate struggled to her feet, she had to, had to distance herself from him still feeling that unwelcome arousal somewhere inside coiling about with her disgust. After what she presumed he'd done to Steph he thought he could pull the moves on her- touch her with the same lips that had touched Steph to even think- Nate was lost for words both in mind and physical state as all sound hung back. She was surprised how easily she could slink from beneath his presence to behind the chair, limping there and despising the fact it was so obvious she was weaker than she should be.

Amongst her revoltion, resentment rose again and made her furious. Furious to see he thought he could use her like he'd used Steph, like Julian had used Steph, like men used women. Nate wasn’t any girl, she had dignity, standards, self righteousness and an inbuilt superiority that her dad gladly installed through little chats when she was younger.