Cherrybite- Miss forbidden 2

Callum

12:05 am, Wednesday, April 25th: Unknown location.

"Vampire," she had said.

It hadn't been the first time Callum thought about it, you start drinking people's blood and it's a fairly natural link to make. But ever since the psychologist had voiced it, the name had taken on a special significance. Perhaps that's why he'd chosen to mock the police by sending the tape to them.

He'd been reading books, looking up articles and scouring the internet. Vampires, as far as he could tell, existed only in two forms: fictional figures in books and pathetic gothic sub-culture wannabes. Both were impossibly weak specimens in his opinion, especially the latter and even the former, whoever supposed that anyone would be frightened of a creature that could be turned back by something so base as garlic or a religious symbol?

Callum looked up at the ornate crucifix he'd found in one of the storage rooms and placed up on a shelf as a clear symbol of what he was not. The powerless visage of the brass Christ looked down with an apathetic gaze. It presented nothing that he needed to fear.

Despite the damp coolness, he took off his black denim jacket and placed it over the back of a wooden chair, one of only two pieces of furniture in the room, the other being a bare table. It was old but huge and sturdy. The wood had darkened with age but even so, the deep russet stains of blood were very much visible, likewise on the heavily worn stone floor.

The room was mostly taken up by a cistern set into the floor, only about four feet deep, with glazed clay walls which also showed signs of great age. The only other feature of the floor were some channels which had been cut to accommodate lead pipes which came down the walls from the ceiling, then led to the edge of the cistern. Lead piping (which he'd needed to tap into the building's existing water system) had been difficult to find in the modern day, having become obsolete in all modern plumbing, but salvage yards had made the whole installation possible.

He sat down and drummed his fingers on his lap. It hadn't quite gone so smoothly this time. He'd used too much chloroform, practically saturating the rag. Easy mistake, he'd done it in a hurry. It was the first time that it hadn't been planned.

He saw the girl going into the cinema by chance. He watched which screen she'd gone into, checked the film times, and went back to his car to prepare what he needed. It was all fairly impromptu, not the way he preferred to do things but he knew he could pull it off. After all, she wasn't the kind of girl you saw every day, the kind you just passed up. 

She'd been with a guy but it was obvious at a glance that he was much more interested in how having her at his side made him look, a total dick basically. If the guy hadn't taken so long chatting up the clerk on the drinks stall he might not have left his girlfriend standing outside long enough for someone to grab her and drag her into the service elevator. Too bad for him and for her. 

Unfortunately, the excess chloroform meant that the girl had been out cold ever since so he'd left her alone to rest. There was no strength in taking something from someone while they slept.

So, he waited.