Cherrybite- Miss forbidden 8

Callum <8bite

Callum stepped forward again and slightly to the side, closing right up to her and putting his mouth up close to her ear.

"I think if you looked around you, you will have to admit that that's demonstrably false." he said quietly. His eyes closed and he inhaled, contemplating that she smelled every bit as good as she looked. She was a special one. Quite evidently he needed to do something special with her. But what precisely....

He opened his eyes and took a couple of steps back. In his loose fitting black jeans, black ribbed sweater and black denim jacket, his own spartan physique was well concealed. His methodology made any passive display of power or strength entirely redundant. And how she missed the point, he thought to himself, by talking as though strength was about one man's ability to win a victory over another man. There was nothing he could take from a man that he didn't already have.

He froze suddenly at that thought. Actually, there was something a man did have, which Callum didn't have, but now had taken. That man, he had this girl's trust, the imputed responsibility of protecting her...he had her love.

He narrowed his eyes and continued to look at her as he turned this thought over in his mind. This was a new challenge indeed. All this time he had been drinking in the 'life' of woman, believing that that was the greatest a man could yield. And yet now, for the first time, it seemed that there was maybe something more...something more elusive...something which could not be obtained simply by opening an artery.

A fine challenge indeed. One that he knew he was strong enough to overcome. He stepped forward again until his face was about six inches from hers, maintaining his casual stance and demeanor. Strangely, the proximity was almost painful. There was no doubt in his mind that he could be a better protector than that man from the cinema, no doubt at all that he himself was more worthy of this girl's 'love'. And he didn't even try to ignore the fact that she was agonisingly beautiful. Something deep within him just wanted to reach out, caress her face, embrace her, kiss her....those were the things a 'boyfriend' does were they not? The things that make a woman feel safe...

In the intensity of the moment, he tilted his head and leaned in slightly, almost as though to kiss her neck. But he didn't touch her. Instead his lips felt the heat emanating from her skin, and heard the vitality pumping through her bloodstream. Once again he was lost in a brief moment of imagination; what a great conquest it would be to indulge on the life running in her veins. And yet...if that were to be so rewarding, no doubt the higher challenge of winning her love would provide even greater succour. He raised his head and looked directly at her again.

"You say that things are safe when you will them to be." he said, his voice quivering slightly from excitement.

"That didn't work out so well for you. Let's try it another way. You will be safe, if I will you to be."

Nate <8bite

The whisper in her ear sent a ripple through her skin and the urge to flinch back overwhelmed her causing Nate's slim frame to give a jolt as instinct told her to move but fright kept her put, the fear to move and perhaps the stubbornness.

Regardless there was no where to go but the proximity- she couldnt stand it. Seconds felt like minutes and if a minute had passed it was an hour of muzzled silence on her part. She wouldn't admit anything to him she declared within with a gritty, bullheaded determination. She wouldn't allow for this closeness this invasion of her space to hollow out the composure she had managed to salvage.

He stepped back and it was then that she realised her body had been tense. Like a monument dedicated to consternation. Her muscles slowly uncoiled, jaw unclenched but her heart hammered on and a prolonged, dull pain began to ache under her left breast similar to a cramp but worse.

She diverted her eyes deciding that now she had the option she didnt want to see his face. She didnt want to know what the dark silhouette really looked like- didnt want to see the human eyes that would confirm she'd been snatched by some screwy minded man who was more like a monster that found prey in young women.

Her eyes instead lingered on the dark jeans attempting to study them but all she could conclude was that they were dark and jeans. Nate could barely focus on anything- if it wasnt for this pang in her temple as if someone were driving a stake through the tender part of her forehead and him standing there staring at her maybe she could think things a little clearer.

Nate clocked on to the rivet of his stare. He was going to kill her she conceded vacantly. Eventually, past whatever he had planned her death was the end result. She wasnt sure if that were true or merely what she feared most of all- the end of her life. Just contemplating the idea of a world without her in it made her nauseous and heady.

Thats when he made a move, stepping towards her like a noble predator until he came within distance so that his masculine scent was up her nose once again rattling her senses. She didnt like his scent, everyone had a scent and she wanted Julians to surround her, not this demonized one that disarmed and alerted her all in the same moment. One that she'd been quick to associate with fear and all things bad.

With the proximity once again Nate found that someone with the strongest will couldnt avoid glancing up and her will was soully focusing on standing still. Her eyes dragged themselves to meet his...and regret prevailed. They were intelligent, analytical and she realised monster would be an upgrade.

There were only so many words you could use to describe a thing of pure corrupt and all Nate could think of was. Evil. Not a hot evil either, a cold one that burnt your insides through sheer acerbity.

She felt her own eyes widen and could only imagine how virtuous they must seem after staring into those guilty pits of ebony everyday. What was he thinking, how could he exist, how could anyone exist with such an impassive expression, suffocating aura and eyes that told her swiftly- murder is the least of your worries.

Nate watched him tilt his head and felt everything deteriorating at the hot breath on her neck, the stars in her eyes beginning to mulitply and waver, bottom lip quivering like an upset child. She craved warmth in the cold room but the heat from him made her queasy and she got tunnel vision of the open door.

"You say that things are safe when you will them to be." he said with a hitch to his voice. "That didn't work out so well for you. Let's try it another way. You will be safe, if I will you to be."

Nate felt the words smear across her mind like hot wax. Safe if he willed her to be. Safe.

There may of been a twinge of hysteria in her eyes as she stared at him before her will fell away.

Run.

Nate's body already dosed with adreniline seemed almost eager at the sudden movement she made. Pure reckless movement that could almost have been rehersed from the way she curved around the most dangerous obstacle 'him' and made that desperate dart for the door hand outstretched for the door handle.LOCK HIM IN a voice screamed internally LOCK HIM IN...she wanted to she wanted to shut him away forever to never look into eyes like that again but she only had seconds on her side and seconds just didnt seem enough...