Cherrybite- Miss forbidden 15

Callum <8bite

The water in the tank was almost up to the level of submerging Steph completely. Only by craning her neck could her face break the surface...and that wouldn't last long. The churning of the water around her disguised the fact that the water was clouding up. Callum knew that the pack on her back was filled with salt, which was quickly dissolving into the water, and hence that the weight of the pack was rapidly reducing. As he had told the psychologist...he didn't use the water to drown people anymore.

He looked over at Nate, with a sense of pure delight. He could see her welling up at the revelation that Julian had failed her so catastrophically. And she had watched as Steph had been thrown down into the cistern, without moving to help the girl nor attempting to run away herself. Surely, Callum thought, she must have realised how much he was doing for her.

But as the water rose, Nate looked away. That suited Callum, he had made the point he set out to make, and Nate had seen what he'd needed her to see. She didn't need to see the next part.

Acting suddenly calm and lucid, he took a few steps over to the doorway and leaned in close to Nate, gently raising a hand and touching her chin with a tenderness that seemed almost oblivious to the situation going on behind him in the room.

"Hey," he said, his face set in a serious expression but with a mysterious warmth in his voice, "if it's difficult you don't have to watch, I'll take care of everything. Why don't you go rest that foot."

At that moment Steph mustered up the strength to lurch forward and bring her entire torso above the surface of the water, above the rim of the cistern and take a desperate gasp of air. In a quick motion Callum looked around at her, then quickly back to Nate.

"I'll be right out." he said hastily, before closing the door on her, keeping her in the central room, out of sight of what was about to take place.

Bolting the door from his side, he turned quickly and strode over to the cistern. Steph broke the surface a second time, and as she did Callum grabbed the straps of the pack in a motion as quick as an eagle plucking a fish from water. He pulled her right up out of the cistern, and she gulped in the precious oxygen greedily, water cascading from her hair and clothes.

Before she had a chance to scream or say anything, he hauled her over to the table and tossed her onto it's surface with a crash. Then he pounced onto the table himself, straddling the sodden girl like a gladiator about to make the mercy kill.

Though mercy couldn't have been further from his mind. He clamped a hand over her mouth to prevent her from calling out. Even so, she remained silent, and looked up at him wide eyed. Although she trembled from fear and cold, there was a hopeful pleading in her eyes, as though she believed the fact that she had been spared drowning might indicate that there was a chance Callum might allow her to live.

He smiled a cruel smile at her, then lowered his face to her neck, sensing the blood pumping heavily through her overdriven vascular system. Her heartbeat throbbed out a rhythm of mortal panic. It was music to his ears. He moved his mouth up to her ear and spoke quietly so that Nate, if she was listening, wouldn't hear.

"I hope you satisfied that useless jock," he said, "because I doubt you're going to do much for me."

His utterance was followed by a muffled scream, a sickening tear of rupturing skin and muscle, a suppressed, gurgling cry...then silence.

Calzone <8bite

Calzone walked with Dawn and her father up the path to their home. Mr Chantilly opened the door, and turned to thank him. His voice was a quiet tremble, and his eyes were red raw.