Too Much To Ask

Alaia's POV

I waited for Nick to come back to bed that night but he didn't show up and eventually, i fell asleep. I woke up and his side of the bed was still empty, although, it does look like he slept here but perhaps woke up early.

I checked on my family and found that everyone was packing and making plans to leave. So after a quick breakfast, i went back to my room to get ready aswell.

I was just about to have a shower when i heard the bedroom door open and i quickly rushed out.

"Good........morning" Marco stutters walking into the room wide eyed.

"Do you ever knock? where is Nick?" i ask in dissapointment.

"Well, hello to you too, i  am fine thanks for asking" he retorts with a frown.

"I'm sorry, it's just that i was expecting to see Nick, do you know where he is? "

His frown deepens

" He went somewhere with Angelo earlier. You are not yet ready to go?" he asks rhetorically.

"Yeah, well, i was just about to........ Oh crap!" I ran into the bathroom and shut the door dramatically.

Oh my God! I am not wearing any clothes, except for my underwear. I let Marco see me in my underwear. I slide down the door I am leaning against to the floor in shame.

"Relax princess, it's not a big deal. You look great by the way, if that's any consolation." he shouts in amusement on the other side.

"Get out" i shout back.

The room goes quiet and i wait a couple of minutes just to make sure he is gone, then proceed to take my shower and eventually exit with a towel wrapped around me.

"Seriousy Marco, what the hell?" He is still here, lying on the bed casually with his feet touching the floor. He sits up when he sees me.

"Just making sure you are ok. You are going to make us late by the way, you need to be a little bit........... What's wrong with you?" he suddenly asks, walking towards me, looking at me as if i just grew a second head.

His hand reaches for my face and i slap it away before it touches me.

"What are you doing? Seriously man, you need to get out. Have you lost all you manners? " i try to side step him but he grabs my arm roughly and pulls me back infront of him.

"Marco!!" I protest, surprised at his action.

In this moment, he is acting exactly like Nick, imposing.

"You are bleeding" He murmurs, touching the space between my noise and my mouth.

I look at his fingers, and they have blood on them.

I pull away and this time he lets me go and walk to a mirror. I have blood oozing out of my noise, not too much, but it's there.

"What's wrong? Are you sick again?" his voice is now hoarse, as he comes to stand behind me and looks at me through the mirror.

"I... I don't know, feel ok. I didn't even feel it happen." I say.

My heart is beating wildly now.

After the visit to the hospital earlier, i thought everything was ok. I start walking to the bathroom again to wash it off and stop by the door.

"Can you please leave, i need to change." He nods without saying another word.