•nineteen•

Greeting the guys, I noticed Luke was beckoning my over to where he was sitting in the garage. Reggie and Alex were making jokes by the piano. Julie was sitting at the piano, laughing at the two of them as she played.

"Hey baby." I greeted, kissing the top of his head. "I wanted to talk to you about something." He fiddles with the pick he was holding in his large hands. He obviously was nervous. Whenever he was nervous, he'd mess with his hair or with whatever he could find, usually bouncing his leg in the process.

"What's got you so nervous, Lu?" I gently asked, bending my knee and placing it on his leg so it would stop bouncing. Dropping one hand from the guitar pick and placing it on my leg while the other continued to fidget.

"Can I talk to you, outside?" He pauses before finishing the sentence. "Yeah, of course." I smiled, straightening my posture and moving so Luke could get up.

Luke gently grabbed my hand as he got up and lead me outside.

"So, you know the conversation we had the other day?" He asks, tucking his hands in his pockets. "We had many conversations, Luke." I laughed, trying to lift the tension.

Luke's perfect lips curve into a small smile before faltering again as he messed with something in his pocket.

"Luke, just spit it out." I laughed, placing an arm on his bicep. Luke's breathing quickens as he continues to fumble with whatever was in his pocket.

"Alright, fine. Could you...maybe turn around?" He softly asks. Nodding, I dropped my hand from his bicep and turned around.

Luke fumbled behind me as I stared at the arch that leads back up to the house. Crossing my arms, I waited for the okay to turn back around.

"Okay, turn around." He softly says. Turning around, my hands flew to my mouth.

"Angelica Zandra Mercer. You've been my friend since we met and I can't get enough of you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and you've always been there for me no matter what. I could go on but I don't want to take too much of your time. So, with that being said, will you marry me?" Luke nervously smiled up at me.

I was completely speechless. The ring was beautiful, he was so happy, I was speechless. Nodding my head, I gently reached out for him. Smiling widely, he slid the ring onto my finger.

"I love you." I smiled as he stood up, immediately bolting into his arms and holding him tightly. "I love you too, baby." Luke happily exclaimed before pulling away to look at me. Smiling, Luke pressed a kiss against my lips.

When I pulled away, I leaned my head on his chest and looked down at the ring. "It's beautiful." I softly smiled. Luke pressed a soft kiss on my hair as I watched the ring shimmer in the sunlight.

•••

The jolts only got worse. It got to the point where it was every day. I couldn't hang around the guys the majority of the time anymore, and it was a struggle.

We were sitting in the garage when I felt like one was about to hit me. Quickly looking in Jordan's direction, I saw she looked pale. "Excuse us." I quickly exclaimed before standing up.

It was too late. With a whimper, I fell to the ground. Jordan winces as I fell. "What's going on?" The boys immediately try and help us. Luke and Alex help me up as Jordan begins speaking.