•twenty-nine•

When I woke up, Luke was on the balcony looking out over the view. He looked gorgeous, the sun was about to rise and the slight lighting made his hair looked lighter. Smiling, I stood up and joined the boy on the balcony.

"Good morning." I smiled, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on top of his head. "Hi, baby." He softly says, glancing up at me for a split second. "What's wrong?" I gently asked, running my fingers through his hair as I stood behind him. Luke gently reaches up and holds his hand out for me. When I take his hand in mine, he gently moves me so I was standing in front of him.

"Hm?" I enquired, placing my hand on his cheek. His hazel eyes were dark today, almost a forest green. "I'm sorry I can't give you more." He sighs, leaning into my hand and pressing a soft kiss on my palm. "What do you mean?" I asked, caressing his cheek gently. "I know how much you wanted to live your dreams, become a star and later a mom but I ruined it by eating those stupid hot dogs that you told me not to." Luke whimpers.

"Think of it like this, we can literally travel the world in one jump. It's more than I could ever ask for. My brothers happy, Reggie's happy, we're happy, all our friends are happy. What's on your mind, baby?" I softly asked, noticing him looking down.

"We had our future planned. My band was going to take off, you were going to create your own band and be a star, we were going to live a long life with our kids but we couldn't." He sighed, kissing the palm of my hand again.

"Hey, listen to me." I straddled his hips, resting my hands on his shoulders. Placing my hand on his cheek again, I guided him to look into my eyes.

"I don't mind. Look at us, we're on our honeymoon and we can leave at any time and be in a new place in an instant! You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and it makes me sad when you're sad." I pouted, noticing the corners of his lips twitch. "I love you." Luke sighs, leaning in and gently kissing my lip and that was pouting.

"I love you too, Lu." I smiling, pulling away and laying my head on his shoulder. Luke gently rubs my back as we relaxed in each other's arms.

My heart broke when I heard him sniff. Reaching up, I lead his head into the crook of my neck. Luke presses his face into my neck as he tries to calm down. His grip around my waist tightens, pulling me closer to him. "I just wish our parents could have been there." Luke sobs into my neck.

"I know, baby. Me too." I rubbed his back with my free hand to let him know I'll always be there.

•••

A couple weeks later, it was time to go home. It was now Valentine's Day back home, I was so excited to see my friends again.

When the two of us entered the garage, we were met with Julie and the guys practicing. Luke sneezes beside me as he sets his bag down on a chair. Flynn was sitting a few feet away on another chair, watching Julie. "Angel!" Julie screamed, jumping up from her seat at the keyboard and engulfing me into a hug. "Hey, Julie." I laughed, hugging her back as we swayed.

"Oh, so no 'hi Luke! I missed you?'" Luke laughs beside us as he sits down on the couch. "Relax, you were next." Julie chuckles before moving past me to hug Luke. "Hey, guys." I laughed, hugging my brother and Reggie. Reggie begins rambling about his days without us were.

"Uh, What's going on?" Flynn asks. Oh yeah, I forgot she can't see us.

"Luke and Angel are back from their trip." Julie smiles before turning back to Luke. "We got a gig! Band practice?" She asks. As he got up to join them, I sat down on a seat that was near his little area. Luke happily grabs his guitar before looking at the band.

The band begins playing as I watched Luke. He seemed a bit sluggish, not smiling as much as he usually does.

His face contorts before he lets out a sneeze, unable to continue playing. The band stops and turns to him simultaneously. "You alright?" I gently asked. "It's just a sneeze, people. I'll be fine." He replied before strumming his guitar again.

Luke was incredibly stubborn sometimes, which he got from his mom.

The band begins playing again as I got comfortable in my seat. As much as I loved the band, I began to get bored. Glancing over, I realized Flynn's outfit was really cute. Whenever I see her she always has the best outfits, you know?

A couple moments later, Luke sneezes.

"Dude! You've sneezed three times and that's not normal for you!" Alex immediately stops playing at stares at Luke. Luke glared at Alex as he wiped his nose.

"Ang, can you fill in for him?" Reggie earns my attention. "I don't need to be replaced-!" Luke starts, but another sneeze cuts him off.

"I didn't know ghosts could get sick." Julie says as I stood up to help Luke get his guitar off. Luke huffs and crosses his arms as he sits down on the seat I was just sitting in. "Neither did I." Alex replies, twirling the drumstick.

"Can I use yours?" I asked Luke. Luke gently nods as he wipes his nose, leaning his head back against the chair. Strumming, I let it ring as I looked at the chords they had written down and the lyrics.

It took me awhile, but I eventually got it.

The band got ready beside me as I adjusted the strap. Luke's shoulders were obviously much broader than mine and he was more muscular than I am.

Julie begins singing beside me to the tune of Bright.

Hearing my cue, I quickly strummed the correct chords in time, perfectly matching Reggie's bass. Reggie joins me over on my side and makes funny faces. Laughing, I somehow stayed in time as I glanced at my brother. Flynn's eyes trained on me as I'm guessing we all appeared in her view.

Julie's last note rings, signaling my cue.

"And times that I, doubted myself, I felt like I needed some help. Stuck in my head, with nothing left,"i step up to the microphone, flipping my hair in the process.

"I feel something around me now, so unclear, lifting me out! I found the ground, I'm marching on..." Julie joins in beside me, sending a large smile my way as we harmonized. The two of us sang together, lost in the music.

When the song finished, I let out a sigh as I pulled away from the microphone. Oh, how I've missed playing with a band. Flynn cheered us on, Luke widely smiling but sneezing again. Setting his guitar down, I made my way over to him.

"Well, our main man is sick. Guess that's enough practice for today." Reggie jokes as he puts his guitar down. Luke shuts his eyes as I placed my hand on his forehead. He was a bit warm.

"Come on, let's let you get some rest." I quietly told him. Luke nods as he begins to get up. His large hand gently grabs mine as I lead him to the house.

As soon as we entered the attic, Luke lays down on my bed. When I laid down beside him, he rolled over so his head was on my stomach.

"I really hate being sick. I didn't even know ghosts could get sick."

"I didn't know ghosts could sleep either, honestly." I chuckled, rubbing his back gently. Luke murmurs something under his breath as he cuddles closer to me. "Hm?" I questioned, glancing down at his messy brown hair.

"I love you." He whispered into my shirt, clutching onto the hem of it. Smiling, I gently scratched his back. "I love you too."