•ten•

"Okay, I see you!" Willie laughs as he skated passed him. "Okay, baby!" Luke's voice rings out. Hearing his voice threw my off. I hadn't got used to hearing him yet, in fact I haven't seen Luke since the ghost club, which was yesterday.

His voice threw me off, which ultimately made me off off the board. "Nice one babe." Luke chuckles, his veiny hand appearing in front of my face. "Shut up." I laughed, taking his hand. Luke gently lifts me up off the ground.

"When did you learn how to skate?" Luke asks, leaning down and brushing some dirt off my bare legs. I had found a dress that I thought was cute.

"Willie helped me out." I smiled, motioning towards the long haired boy who was sitting on a bench. "Well, he didn't teach you not to wear a dress while skating." Luke straightens his posture and looks into my eyes.

"How would he know?" I laughed, picking up my board before leading Luke over to an empty bench. "Good point." Luke laughs, sitting down next to me. "How was the performance with Julie?" I asked. "We were too late." Luke sighs, looking down at his hands.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked, turning so I was facing him. "Of course, what's up?" He asks. "What're you hiding about Julie? Whenever you talk about her you do this thing with your eyes where you look anywhere but in my eyes." I paused, looking at him. He hadn't said anything.

"Do you like her?" I gently asked, weary of the answer. Luke immediately looked into my eyes. "No! Why would you say that? She's alive, and I'm a ghost!" Luke defends, standing up and looking down at me.

"Then what is it? You're not telling me something!" I exclaimed, standing up myself. "I don't have to tell you every single thing that happens in my life, Angel! There's some things I want to keep to myself, like my song about my mom-." Luke exclaimed, cutting himself off at the end.

That must have been the song he was writing when he was staying my garage and I brought him some breakfast.

With tears in my eyes, I reached up and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I rocked us back and forth. Luke sobs into my neck as I held him close to me. "I never got to apologize." He sobs, tugging me closer to his frame. "You'll be able to one day, honey." I began playing with his hair. "God, I've visited them and it hurts that they can't see me." Luke hiccups, trying to catch his breath.

"Shh, shh, it's okay." I began crying myself. Hearing him cry like this always broke me. Luke was emotional, sure, but when he sobbed like this I knew it had to be something terrible.

"What if I never get to say I'm sorry to them?" Luke pulls away and looks into my eyes, keeping his arms around my waist. "You'll be able too. I promise." I gently kissed the tip of his nose.

A small pink blush cascades over his fair skin, his nose crinkling with a small smile amongst the tears. "One day you're going to be able to meet them again." I wiped his tears away, resting my hand on his cheek. A tiny smile begins to appear on his face as he pushes his face into my hand more. "I hope so." Luke sighs before kissing my forehead briefly.

"I'm sorry. I should respect your privacy." I apologized, looking into his hazel eyes. "No, it's alright. I understand, things are a bit rocky right now because of the whole ghost thing but once we get the hang of it I'm sure we'll be fine." Luke brightly smiles, wiping the last couple of tears away.

"You know how we used to talk about the future? Like getting married, having kids, growing old together." I softly asked. Luke's smile became larger. "I do, yeah." He chuckles. "I mean now we have to spend the rest of eternity together." I replied, looking around the park.

"I have the spend the rest of eternity with you?" Luke playfully laughs. "Ouch!" I laughed, turning my attention back to him. "Kidding, kidding!" Luke loudly laughs, avoiding my playful punch to his shoulder.

"Hey, I have an idea tonight." Luke smiles, looking around. "Oh you do?" I chuckled, dropping my hand from his cheek and resting it on his shoulder.

"Meet me here tonight. I promise it'll be fun." Luke happily smiles. "Okay, it's a date."

"What else would it be?" Luke laughs. "Shut up." I playfully rolled my eyes. "I gotta go, band practice you know. Wanna come?" Luke asks. "No thanks, babe. I work for a bit." I smiled, standing on my tiptoes and puckering my lips. Luke gently rests his hands on my waist as he looks down at my lips.

"I love you." Luke smiles before leaning down and kissing me gently. "I love you, too." I smiled into the kiss.