•nine•

"Hey, guys." I greeted the boys as they walked out of the Hollywood Ghost Club. Alex glances before taking a double take. "Angel!" They both exclaimed before barreling towards me. Luke smiles as they engulf me in a hug. Their warmth brings a smile to my face.

"I missed you guys." I smiled, squeezing the boys harder. "Luke, why aren't you over here?" Reggie looks up from the hug. "Because I already said hello to my girlfriend, dork." Luke jokes. "Well why couldn't you share?" Alex laughs, pulling away from the hug, but keeping his hand on my shoulder.

"Sorry, Alex." Luke laughs as Reggie also pulls away. "Is Jordan coming?" I asked, realizing she wasn't here.

"I'm here, sorry." Jordan pops beside me.

"Well! Where do you guys want to go?" I asked. Luke's eyes went wide as I said this. "Crap! We forgot about Julie!" Luke's eyes dart around. "Julie-." Reggie goes to explain to me, but I cut him off. "I know who she is. Go ahead." I let go of the boys and backed away, Alex's hand falling.

"I'm really sorry." Luke looks down at me as he nears. "It's alright, we can hang out afterwards." I tightly smiled up at him. "Why don't you come with us. I doubt Julie would be able to see you but you could see her?" Alex suggests, Luke nodding in agreement. As much as I wanted to go, I couldn't stop thinking about Emily and how there's a chance she can see me.

"I want to see Emily. She's still alive and she named her kids after me and Jordan." I sighed as Luke rested his hand on my arm. "I'll go." Jordan smiles at me. Nodding, I softly looked back up at Luke. "We can hang out later. I promise." I gazed into his hazel eyes. He pouts, but agrees. "I love you." Luke sadly smiles before leaning down and kissing me gently. Oh how I've missed this.

"I love you too, dork." I smiled, pulling away and hugging Reggie and Alex. It felt so good to finally be with my best friends again. "I'll see you guys later!" Alex smiles as we pull away. "Yup. Good luck." I laughed, standing beside Jordan.

The boys smiled before disappearing again. My smile faltering, I began leading Jordan to Emily's place since she had never been there.

Going inside, Jordan began to look around at all the photos of us. "It's apparently the anniversary of my death." I shrugged, looking around for Emily.

A door shuts down the hall, Emily's footsteps travel down the hall towards us. The two of us freeze in our tracks, looking at her. Emily doesn't glance up at us like she did earlier.

"I know you guys are here." Emily looks at a photo of the three of us in the garage with the boys. "Emily?" I questioned, wondering if she can hear us.

Wait, can't I make people see me? Maybe I could make it work on Jordan too. Watching Emily clean up her kitchen, I hoped she could see us.

When she turned around, her eyes landed on me. "Hi." I softly smiled. Her hands rests on her mouth now. "I knew I saw you earlier." Emily sighed. "You can't see Jordan?" I asked, glancing at Jordan. "No, she's here?" Emily asks, nearing us with tears in her eyes.

"Yep." I glanced at Jordan before moving so I was beside Emily. "I'm sorry we left you alone." I sighed. "You can't really stop death, can you?" Emily chuckles, but I could tell she was upset. "We saw the boys a few minutes ago." I glanced at Jordan, who moved so she was near us.

Jordan stood in front of us, leaning against Emily's island. Emily looks up, looking at Jordan. "I can see her now." Emily softly nods before looking down at her shoes. I go to rest my hand on her shoulder, but it just goes right through.

"Wait, you said you saw the boys? How long have you been in the ghost world?" Emily asks. "Right after I died I showed up outside the Orpheum. Turns out, it was like 25 years after I died when I showed up." I sighed. Emily nods beside me and Jordan explains when she got here.

"...But yeah, we saw the boys today and it turns out they're in a new band." Jordan finished. "What's the name of the band?" Emily asks, hopping up on her counter and sitting down.

"I don't know, it probably has something to do with Julie." I shrugged, looking around. "Ooh! Someone's jealous!" Jordan chuckles.

"I'm not jealous! She's human!" I defended myself. "She's human?" Emily asks.

"Yeah. I don't know how it happened. Anyways, there's something about her Luke's not telling me. We met up in a storage closet and he was acting weird. Like how he acted when he was going to surprise me on our one year." I sighed, folding my arms over my chest.

"She's jealous." Emily laughs. Groaning, I straightened my posture. "Whatever. I just want to know what he's not telling me, but I don't want to push him and end up losing him again." My eyes teared up at the thought. I just got him back, I can't lose him again.

"I doubt you'd lose him, he's madly in love with you. Remember when we went to the zoo and he took an emu on for you?" Emily laughs. A smile etched onto my face as I recalled that memory.

"And when he basically fought Bobby for you. Speaking of which! Apparently Bobby took their songs and used them as their own." Jordan exclaimed. "You're kidding!" Emily and I exclaimed. "Yeah, Reggie told me this before Luke rounded us up." Jordan nods.

"Is that why the boys were at the club?" I asked. "What club?" Emily asks. "Long story." I quickly said before turning back to Jordan. "Yeah, they want to get payback." Jordan nods.

Sighing, I leaned back against the counter again. "I missed you guys." Emily smiled. "I missed you guys too."

As they talked, I thought about all those nights I caved into Luke's chest crying over whatever, and he's not even telling me about Julie.