•two•

Slight trigger warning! Has to deal with harassment

The next morning, I snuck breakfast out to Luke. "Good morning!" I greeted when I saw him sitting on the couch with his guitar in his veiny hands. "Good morning, baby." Luke sleepily smiles up at me when he realized I was there. As I walked over, he set his guitar down beside him. There was a note book sitting in front of him on the makeshift table. "How'd you sleep?" I asked, setting down the breakfast on the table beside the notebook. When he realized I saw the notebook, he quickly closed it.

"Sorry. Anyways, I snuck you some waffles?" I shyly smiled, pointing to the syrup covered waffles. "Come here." Luke holds his arm out for me. Smiling, I crawled onto the couch and under his warm arm. Luke reaches around me and grabs the waffles. "How'd you sleep?" I asked Luke as he used one hand to cut his waffles. "Surprisingly good. Who knew this couch was so comfortable to sleep on?" He laughs, stuffing one piece of sugary waffles in his mouth. "I know." I giggled, noticing he got some syrup on his lip.

"Look at me." I chuckled, gently taking his face into my hand and leading him to look at me. He looked confused. Chuckling, I leaned up and pressed my lips against his to get the syrup off.

"Hey-." Two voices entered the garage. I jumped away from Luke, afraid it was my parents, or even worse it was his.

Thankfully, it was just my best friends, Emily and Jordan. Emily has the same name as Luke's mom, so sometimes it got confusing at gatherings.

"Hey, losers." I greeted, jumping up and meeting them at the door. They were dressed and ready for school. Meanwhile, I was still in an old shirt of Luke's and shorts with slides on.

"What's he doing here?" Jordan teases Luke. "Jordan, not now." I warned. "You coming to school today?" Emily asks him as I lead them back over to the couch area. "Probably not." He shrugs, shoveling some waffles into his mouth. "Alright, I'll see you after school?" I asked, placing my arm on his shoulder. He softly nods before placing the plate back down on the makeshift table.

"We'll just wait outside." Jordan breaks the awkwardness before leading Emily outside. "Bye Luke!" Emily waves goodbye. Luke sends a soft wave her way before the door shut behind her.

"You alright?" I asked, draping my legs over his. "I can't stop thinking about my mom." Luke replies. "Why don't you go home, then?" I gently asked. "You trying to get rid of me?" Luke teases, placing one of his hands on my legs, his other slithering around my waist.

"No! I love having you here. I have to get ready for school, you still gonna be here when I get home?" I gently asked. Luke's hazel eyes finally look into my blue eyes. "I love you." His voice rings out. "I love you too. I'll see you later!" I smiled before kissing his cheek and standing up. Sending one last wave, I exited the garage to see my best friends stand suspiciously against the garage door.

"You we're listening weren't y'all?" I laughed.

"No!" Jordan quickly replies.

"Yes." Emily spills.

•••

When the three of us got back from school, we heard the band playing in the garage. Neither of our parents cars were in the driveway, thank god. "Oh! Reggie's here!" Jordan begins to drag me towards the garage. "No, no!" I tried to break away from her grasp.

"Don't you wanna see Luke?" Emily asks as Jordan stops. "You know Bobby gives me weird vibes." I sighed. "Right. But please..." Jordan trails off, making me feel guilty.

"Fine. Just let me change first." I caved in. Jordan and Emily nodded before following me into the house. The girls waited downstairs as I went upstairs to change.