•twenty-four•

"Am I the only one seeing this?" Alex whispers beside me. My eyes never left my parents smiling faces. Our parents basically looked the same. The only thing that really changed was their hair was now gray and their face obviously has wrinkles now.

"No. I see it too." Luke replies. Untangling our fingers, I began stepping closer to my parents. A few candles were lighted a few feet away from them as they talked to the Patterson's. Alex and Luke followed me as I neared.

Nearing the candles, I blew them out. This earned everyone's attention.

"Um, what was that?" My mother asks.

"Oh! We have two ghosts." Emily widely smiles. "Uh, excuse me. Three!" Alex replies as he followed them to the kitchen.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I followed them into the kitchen. Standing at the island, I watched them talk about everything at the table. The boys joined me, Luke sitting on the island.

Letting out uneven breaths, I tried to calm down. There was something about seeing my parents again that made me nervous. I wanted to find them at first, but now that they're sitting in front of me it brings back old memories.

"I can't do this." I whimpered, ignoring the guy's glances and poofing so I was back in Julie's attic. Sitting down on the bed, I looked out the window.

Tears escaped my eyes as my parent's flashed through my head. Scooting back, I placed my back against the headboard. Tugging my knees closer to my chest, I sobbed into my knees.

•••

The six of us were sitting in the garage. Everyone was talking around me. I tried to focus on it, but my mind kept drifting back to my parents. It had been like this for a couple days. Along with my parents, my mind kept drifting back to Caleb. He will do anything to get what he wants.

Luke got up to mess with Reggie as I laid down on the couch.

"You alright?" Jordan asks. "Yeah, just a lot on my mind." I sighed, pulling my hair into a ponytail. Luke picks up my feet before sitting down, placing my legs over his lap.

"Hey, Angel?" Luke whispers in my direction. "Hm?" I asked, picking my head up and looking at him. "Can I talk to you, outside?" Luke asks. "Yeah, for sure." I weakly smiled.

The two of us excused ourselves before exiting the garage and going up to the attic.

"Okay what's going on? Ever since Christmas you've been basically ignoring us all." Luke turns to me. Sighing, I avoided his eyes. If I looked at his hazel eyes I could break down.

"You know you can tell me, honey." Luke tries to coax me into telling him. "I don't know, Luke." I sighed. This was the truth. I had no clue what exactly about my parents that angered me, but there was obviously something.

"Don't shut me out, please." Luke pleads. His voice raises a bit.

"I'm not! I'm serious. I don't know what's making me like this?" I exclaimed, finally looking him in the eyes. His eyes narrowed at me as we stared at each other.

"It's obviously something, Angel! Just tell me-."

"Shut up! Just...shut up!" I snapped, throwing my hands up in defense. Luke's nostrils flared as he looked away from me, his arms crossing across his chest. His mouth then set into a tight line.

"I'm tired of this." He scowls. "Tired of what, Luke?" I asked, looking down at my hands.

"I'm tired of you never telling me what's on your mind! We're engaged, Angel. We're supposed to tell each other everything! Or do you not want to be engaged?" Luke's eyes avoid me.