•twenty-two•

The guys were playing at the Orpheum while Jordan and I were sitting on a small platform that looked over the stage. They were all bowing, and the. They disappeared, leaving Julie with tears in her eyes as she looked up at where she knew she were.

Her eyes widened as we made eye contact. Can she see me?

Two arms snakes underneath my shoulders and picked me up so I was now on my feet. "Did it work?" Alex asks beside me as Luke examined me, Reggie doing the same to Jordan. "I feel the same." I sighed, leaning my head on Luke's shoulder. Luke let's out a shaky breath beside me as I closed my eyes.

"Let's get back to the garage." Luke kisses the top of my head. Sighing, I collapsed into his side as he laced his arm around my waist.

•••

Laying on the ground, I stared up at the ceiling. It felt like everything around me was swirling all of a sudden. I could hear distant voices, but I couldn't tell exactly who was speaking at times.

My eyes began to drift shut as I stared. Fighting sleep, I tried to focus on Luke's voice. "Alex?" I gently called out, noticing he was laying a few feet away from me. "Yes?" He replied, twirling his drum sticks between his fingers. It was something he did when he was nervous.

"Do you remember when we were little and when I was crying you comforted me? We were like...2?" I asked, a small smile forming on my face. I wasn't sure how I remembered it, but somehow I did.

"Yeah, we shared a room at the time because we were inseparable." Alex softly laughs as he flips so he's laying on his stomach.

"Yeah, what happened?" I laughed, coughing halfway through. Alex looks down at the drum stick in his hand. "We need to find a way." Alex turns his head to the group. Sighing, I closed my eyes while I listened to the group speak.

"I saw her!" Julie exclaimed as she bursts into the garage. "Saw who?" Reggie asks. "Angel! I saw her and Jordan at the show!" Julie exclaimed. "Finally." I sighed, opening my eyes and looking over at her.

"Angel! I thought we saved her?" Julie asks, rushing over to me. She reaches out for me, but pulled back when she realized she couldn't touch me. Softly smiling, I closed my eyes. The light was hurting my eyes.

"We thought so too." Luke's voice breaks. As Julie sits down, I feel something brush against my leg. Sitting up and looking down, I see her knee brushing my leg as she looked up at the guys.

Wait, I could feel her?

Furrowing my eyebrows, I reached over and felt her shoulder to test my suspicions.

Her clothes were soft and light underneath my fingertips. "Hey, what's up?" She turns to me.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, looking at where I was touching her. Smiling, I looked at her. "Can I hug you, maybe?" I asked, slightly laughing. I wasn't sure why, but she made me feel happy.

Nodding, she pulls me into a hug. "Wait, you guys get over here." Julie exclaimed, opening one arm for everyone. Everyone crowds around us.

On Julie's back I could see Reggie's arm resting, everyone's overlapping. "I don't feel as weak." I hear Jordan laugh.

"Me either!" I laughed, trying to pull away from the group.

"Let me see." I hear Luke say before he lifts his hand to move my shirt gently move my shirt, looking at my stamp.

"Woah." I hear him whisper. Looking back to see what the fuss was about, I saw something floating in the air. It was the stamp floating away.

"We're free." Jordan laughs over by Reggie. "Oh thank god." I exhaled before crashing into Luke's arms.

Luke let's out a sigh of relief as he held me to his chest. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you." He sighed into my hair.

"I love you, rockstar." I smiled into his chest. "I love you too, baby."

Pulling away, I turned to Julie.

"Thank you." I smiled, opening my arms for another hug. "I feel like all my friends are ghosts." She laughs, hugging me tightly. "Well, I'm honored to have a human as a friend." I laughed, pulling out of the hug.

"Ooh! Can we have a sleepover?" Reggie blurts, lifting the room's energy up.

"We can sleep out here? Maybe watch TV in the living room whenever everyone goes to bed?" Julie suggests as I placed an arm around her shoulder. In return, she places her arm around my waist.

"Don't you have school tomorrow?" I asked her. "Nope! Christmas break!" She beams, looking around at the group. Alex's face was riddled with worry.

"I'll be back. I need to check on Willie." Alex quickly blurts before disappearing out of the garage.

———

Sorry this took so long! I've been extremely busy during the holidays and I'm stressed over school but that's usual, lmao. Happy new year!!!