•six•

It was a couple days before I found another ghost. It took me running into them though, literally. He was riding his skateboard, and he crashed into me.

Turns out I had been passing other ghosts, I just never realized it. There were more of us around here than my alive self knew.

The long haired boy who crashed into me turned out to be Willie. I basically had to chase him down to ask him questions, be he eventually slowed down on his skateboard. The two of us were now sitting on stop of a building, looking out over the city.

"So, how'd you die?" Willie asks, breaking the silence. "Heh. Heartbreak. I lost my boyfriend, my twin brother, and my best friend in one night." I replied, looking over at him. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." He replies, placing his hand on my shoulder. "The alive version of me would be making jokes about this, so I guess the time set it without me realizing it." I chuckled.

"How'd you die?" I questioned when our laughs calmed down. "I was skating across a busy street and I got hit. As you can tell by my helmet." He points to his white helmet, which I'm just realizing was cracked. "Wow, that's crazy." I replied, glancing down at the busy people.

"Anyways. Anymore questions?" Willie asks. "Is there anything to do around here? I don't think I can still play my guitar so I'm trying to look for things to do." I asked, turning so my feet were now on the ground. "What kind of guitar you play?" Willie asks, turning with me.

"Bass, but I do play a couple more instruments." I reply. As I was thinking of my purple bass guitar, suddenly felt something in my hands.

"Uh, you mean that?" Willie asks. Nodding, I strummed the lines in one swipe. It was quiet, but that was because it wasn't connected to an amp. "Yes! I can play still!" I exclaimed. "Wait, try another one of your instruments." Willie says. Nodding, I thought of my electric guitar.

Just like before, my blue guitar was in my hands. "You think lifers can hear me?" I asked, looking down at them again. "Probably not. I've never heard that happening." Willie replies. "Is it cool if I try?" I replied, making sure it was tuned. "Go for it!" Willie supportingly smiles. Nodding, I poofed downstairs at the Main Street and hoped I was visible.

When I opened my eyes, I saw everyone staring at me. "Uh, hi!" I smiled. I wasn't expecting this at all, but I went along with it.

I began to play a familiar tune. When I was younger, I wrote a song about how I felt about Luke. Beginning to sing the lyrics, I began to get lost in them.

Luke and I dancing in the garage flashed through my mind, the exact moment I got some of these lyrics. Luke had asked me to help him practice for the school dance, but we wind up playing rock music and dancing to that.

My eyes fluttered back open as I finished the song. More people had crowded around me while I was lost in my trance. They were all clapping for me.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" An middle aged lady asked. "Um, my names Angel." I smiled. "That was beautiful!" Another woman smiled. "Thank you!" I smiled.

The crowd began to disperse a few moments later until it was just me. Smiling, I poofed up back to where Willie was. "Uh, wow. I've never seen that happen." Willie chuckles. "Me too." I replied, hoping I wasn't visible to lifers anymore.

"That was a really pretty song. Boyfriend?" Willie asks. "Yeah, actually." I chuckled, my guitar disappearing.

"Hey, I know this place. We're looking for a new band? Our bass player crossed over. Do you maybe want to check it out?" Willie says, but I can tell he was iffy about it. Brushing it off, I sat down on the ledge again. "Um, sure." I replied. Willie smiles as he looks over at the other buildings. "Cool. Meet me here tomorrow?" Willie asks. "Yeah, what time?" I asked. "Uh, 12 good?" Willie asks.

"Works for me. I have nothing else to do." I chuckled.

And just like that, he was gone. Sighing, I imagined the beach and I was there.

In my mind, Luke and I were laying on the sand, looking up at the stars. It was my favorite memory of us. He knew how much I loved the stars, and he took me there one our one year anniversary.

We had spent the whole day there. I remember Luke running across the wet sand, and then tripping somehow. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt and I fell to the ground. Smiling fondly at the memory, I sat down on the sand.

Luke always knew how to make me laugh, no matter the circumstances. "Luke, wherever you are, I love you. Tell the boys I love them." I sighed, resting my head on my knees.

For a split second, it sounded like I could hear him, but I knew it was just me missing him.