~81~

Dylan 

"Dylan, stop bouncing around,"

"I'm not bouncing," I pouted as Jesse crossed his arms. I was only a little bit excited and nervous. I can't help it!

"Really? You already bumped into three people." He rolled his eyes. 

Really? 

"Do I look that excited?" I asked, my hand unconsciously going to scratch the back of my ear. 

Jesse squinted his eyes, looking at me."You look both excited and nervous."

I sighed. Of course, I'm nervous too, who wouldn't be nervous when they're about to confess their feelings to someone. I-I just hope it goes well. 

"What do you think he would say?" I asked Jesse, so I don't lose the confidence to do what I'm about to do. I need something positive to go on because my anxiety is currently making a list of all the things that could probably go wrong. 

"I don't know....but I think it will be something positive since you're so sure about telling him about your feelings." He smiled assuringly. "Did you really think about it?" 

"I did. I thought about it like crazy. I didn't even sleep yesterday because of it." I chuckled. 

"Can I ask you something, Dylan?"

"You can ask me anything, Jesse. I'm your best friend." I gave him a 'really?' look. 

"Umm.... You were never the type to do something like this... So what made you take a step like this?" 

What made me do this? 

I......I don't know. 

"I-I don't know...... I never thought I'd want to do something daring like this, but I would do anything for Jake... " I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him. "I like him, Jesse. He makes me feel so comfortable. He-he makes me want to be myself. It's so relaxing to be with him. I feel like every second I spend with him I'm making a new beautiful memory. He's the only person I felt so comfortable being with other than you. I don't know if this will happen.... but I just want to be with him forever... I want to make him feel like how I feel. I want to make him feel happy and loved. " 

"He will be so lucky to have you by his side," Jesse smiled, softly patting my head. 

"Hey, don't mess with my hair! I'm on my way to confess, you idiot! I have to look good for my future boyfriend." I whined. It really took me an hour to style my hair in the morning and this stupid is trying to ruin all my efforts. "Jesse, where are they? I have to confess before I lose my last bit of courage." 

"I don't know... I'll call Tristan," He said, taking his phone out. I waited for him to call Tristan. 

Jesse smiled as he talked to his boyfriend. He is really lucky... Tristan treats him like a king and I'm so happy about that. I wish I could be like that with Jake. I never had a relationship before. I was too shy to even hold a conversation with anyone. 

I remember being sad every time I saw people who were in love, thinking I could never be like them. 

I sighed, turning to Jesse who was still talking to Tristan on the phone. "Hey, you can flirt with him later. Just ask him where Jake is!" I'm losing all my confidence as time passes. 

"Calm down, he's coming here." Jesse rolled his eyes at me. At this rate, I think someday his eyes would roll out of their sockets.

"Is Jake with him?"