~37~

Jesse

We're in the backyard of Xavier's house right now. It's where the party is going on. 

Xavier is really nice. He was friendly and it seemed like he kind of recognized me as Lisa's brother. I looked around the place to take everything in. 

There was a pool that was filled with people who were playing some kind of ball game in it and next to it was a bunch of people dancing around to the music. 

There was a long table that was filled with all kinds of food items and drinks. There was alcohol too but it was kept inside his house. 

I am currently standing beside the table with Tristan by my side. Jake and Dylan went to get beer with Xavier. It wasn't a good idea to send them both together but Xavier didn't seem to know it and dragged them both in a hurry. 

They're probably somewhere inside the house trying to kill each other. 

.

.

.

After a few minutes, they came back with a handful of beer cans. They glared at each other as they placed the cans on the table. 

Tristan took a can from the table, smiling at Jake before drinking it as if it were some kind of juice. I scrunched up my face while looking at him. I know how it tastes. It's gross. How can he drink it like that?

I took a juice can from the table and turned to Dylan to see him arguing with Jake...... again. I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment. 

I felt alone and awkward. I don't know what to do or how to socialize. Dylan would have felt like this too but he's too busy at the moment to think about it. Tristan on the other hand is looking somewhere and downing his drink slowly. 

What is he looking at? 

Is that Lisa? 

"Hey, guys! " Lisa said, walking towards us. I smiled at my sister and Tristan did the same. Her friends were a few feet away from us, taking pictures. 

"Where's Dylan?" She asked, turning towards me. I sighed as I pointed my thumb to the back where my best friend was arguing with Tristan's best friend. She let out an amused chuckle before grabbing some drinks for her and her friends. 

Her attention turned to Tristan who took another can from the table. 

How many did he drink already? 

Is that the fifth can?

He seems really fine though.

"Hey..." She smiled, turning to Tristan.

And they started to talk.....

.....like I don't even exist. 

After a few minutes, she took Tristan to meet her friends. I was amazed because she never does that. I felt the familiar burning build up in my chest. 

I played with the can of juice in my hand that was still half full. Tristan was laughing with my sister and her friends while Dylan was fighting with Jake over a....... cake?

I sighed and looked down at my shoes. I wanted to get out of here but I didn't know how. 

"Hey, Jesse!" I heard someone call me. I looked around to find the source of the voice. 

"Philip?" I asked confused as I stared at the guy in front of me. 

"Wow...you remember me?" He questioned, a surprised expression taking over his features. 

"Yeah… we did a project together. I'm not that forgetful," I chuckled. 

Philip is in my math class. We were partnered for a math project and that's how I came to know him. He's really funny and bubbly. Quite popular also. 

"You came alone?" He asked while grabbing a drink. 

"No…I came with Tristan...., Jake, and Dylan," I said as I pointed at all of them. 

He stayed and talked with me after that. I think he knew I was alone since it was really obvious and all that. He must have felt bad for me. 

He's really funny. He was making jokes about our maths teacher and I laughed at him trying to impersonate her. He talked in a high pitched voice which made me throw my head back while laughing. 

I think I laughed a little loud cause when I looked over Tristan and the girls were already staring at me. I blushed at the embarrassment of being put on the spot. 

Philip continued to make jokes and laugh around with me. I saw Tristan glancing at us once in a while. He had a scowl on his face whenever he looked at us. 

Does he know Philip? 

Why is he looking at us like that? 

Did he not like Philip? 

Whatever...... 

____

I'm really lazy guys :-||