~26~

Jesse

"Jesse, is that you?" I heard my mom say from the kitchen as I locked the front door. 

"Yeah, it's me," I replied as I made my way to her. I took a bottle of orange juice from the fridge and poured it into a glass. Mom was busy making something that I don't know but it smelled delicious. She must have got some new recipes. 

"How was your day, sweety?" She asked while giving me a small smile. 

"It was okay. Nothing special," I told her before taking a sip out of my juice. 

"Oh, did you invite Tristan to have dinner?" She asked as she turned towards me. 

"Yeah, he said he'll come over on Wednesday," I said with a shrug. 

"That's good! What should I make for dinner then? What does he like to eat? Is he allergic to something?" 

"How would I know mom? Just cook whatever. I'm sure he'll like it," I rolled my eyes at my mom's ramble. 

My mom's really excited about meeting him. After Tristan dropped me off, she was all about how he was a nice boy and that I should hang out with him more and blah blah blah. She really thinks that Tristan is my only friend. I have other friends too. I don't understand why she always pushes me to have new friends. 

The thing is, my mom really likes to meet new people. She's like a social butterfly. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not like her. I'm like a carbon copy of her in appearance but in personality, we're so different. She once said that she used to be like me when she was young and that I would change when I grow up. I don't know if I would change, I don't care about it anyway. 

.

.

.

.

"I've been your friend for a long time but you've never invited me to dinner like this. It's not fair,"  Dylan whined about how he wasn't invited to the dinner. This has been going on for an hour. 

"You had countless dinners at my house," I gave him a look that said  'seriously?'

"Yeah...but that's not the same! You invited him," He continued to complain. This boy has never given me a peaceful lunchtime for the past few days. 

"It's because he helped me that night and I don't know why but my mom really seems to like him. She was bugging me to invite him," I shrugged as I took a bite out of my delicious food. 

"It's tomorrow, right? " Dylan looked at me. 

I nodded in reply. "He said so. I don't know if he'd change it, "

"I don't think he will. Tristan doesn't seem like a guy to do so, " Dylan frowned. 

"Let's hope so,"

.

.

.

.

.

I saw Tristan here and there with his friend who I assume to be Jake. He smiled at me whenever we passed by. It was nice getting to know him. He isn't like how I thought he would be. Most of the time, it's the attention seekers who fight with him so they could be popular. He doesn't often initiate fights. And when you get to know him, he's actually kind. I hope people would realize that he's not a bad guy and stop spreading rumors about him. 

_____

◌⑅°●♡⋆♡LOVE♡⋆♡●°⑅◌

Vote and comment if you like it. (♡˙︶˙♡)