~114~

Tristan

It's been five months since that happened.

Jesse fell into depression.

He was afraid of everything.

It was really hard to get him to study and graduate but he did it and I'm so proud of him.

Things are getting better now.

After the incident, he wouldn't let anyone touch him other than me. And even though he let me touch him, I could only hug him and kiss him. Nothing more.

I didn't mind though.

I was happy that he was comfortable with me.

He often had nightmares about the incident. He would thrash around and cry out my name and won't calm down unless I'm beside him. Due to that, Jesse had to move in with me to my house.

His mother wasn't ready to let him go but she agreed when she realized that it was for the best.

Luckily, Jesse was very cooperative during his therapy.

He was trying to save himself.

It breaks my heart sometimes when he breaks down after waking up from a nightmare.

He was terrified of people being near him. He would freak out and have a panic attack if someone even just calls him from behind or if someone bumps into him accidentally.

Things have changed now.

It's getting better.

He doesn't have nightmares that often now and he is okay with going out for fun. He's a lot social with people now than before. Well, not much but it is still an improvement.

"Tristan, " I jumped back from my thoughts when I heard him call my name. "Let's go, " He smiled at me before putting on his coat.

I stood up and pecked his lips, making his smile even wider.

"Dylan called me. He said he's already there," I said as I took my keys.

"Oh, let's hurry then. He'll kill us if we make him wait too long,"  Jesse said and rushed out.

I smiled as I watched him run. After the incident, I haven't seen him being this excited to go out like this.

"Did he tell you where he wants to go first?" Jesse asked me as he put on his seat belt.

I nodded. "He said he's in front of an animal shelter, " I said and Jesse whipped his head towards me in surprise, his eyes gleaming.

"Really?! " He almost squealed as he asked.

I tried so hard not to smile at his expression. Does he like animals that much?

"Yes, " I replied, causing Jesse's smile to widen more than it already was.

"Great! " He said excitedly before turning on the radio.

I couldn't help but grin like an idiot as I drove the car.

My baby is finally coming out of his shell.

*
*
*
"Look who decided to show up after making their friend wait for an hour, " Dylan snorted as Jesse and I walked towards him with a sheepish expression.

"Sorry, " Jesse said and rubbed his ears.

Dylan just rolled his eyes before taking his bag from the park bench. "Come on, let's go. The shelter is that way, " He said and pointed towards his left.

Jesse and I nodded as we all walked towards the animal shelter. "Do you know what you want to adopt? " I asked Dylan who nodded.

"Yes, I'm thinking of a kitten. Jake loves cats. His phone is full of cat pics and memes. I think that would be a perfect birthday gift, " He smiled.