~9~

Jesse

Tristan and I small talked until we reached the street where all the rich people lived. It's no surprise that's where he lives too. As far as I heard about him, he's crazy rich. It'll only surprise me if he wasn't living in a place like this. 

I couldn't help but look out in awe. The street looked so damn gorgeous with all kinds of luxurious mansions and modern homes. It seemed like they all lived in peace and luxury. Must be nice. 

I was amazed when we reached his house. It wasn't a mansion but it was more than big enough for a family like mine to live in luxuriously. I just know that it must've cost millions to buy this. 

"Whoa

"Whoa... " I said as I stared at the exterior of his expensive house. I heard Tristan chuckle at my expression and my face immediately turned red from embarrassment.

"Let's go inside," He told me as we got out of the car. 

I nodded excitedly. This was the first time I'm going inside a beautiful house like this. I was curious to see how it is. 

We walked inside after Tristan opened the door for me and God! His house looked so damn luxurious. It's so pretty and clean. 

Wait! Where is everyone else? 

It's so silent. 

"Umm...Tristan," I turned towards him, causing him to look at me. 

He raised a brow. "Yeah?"

"Where is your family?" I tilted my head. 

"Oh….They don't live with me. I live here alone," He said, scratching the back of his neck. 

"Uh...? You live alone? In this big house? " I asked in surprise while pointing a finger at the floor.

Tristan chuckled at me. "I like living alone so I moved out when I got into college. I wanted to live in a small apartment but my dad wouldn't let me do that and he bought this for me instead," He said, shaking his head with a small smile. 

These freaking rich people…. 

Is he serious? 

Gimme your money if you have so much of it. 

"So you cook and clean on your own?" I looked around. I didn't see any maids. Does he do it all alone?

"No, I have a maid. She comes in the morning and leaves after preparing breakfast and lunch. I cook dinner, " He replied while walking towards the kitchen. 

"So you know how to cook? That's amazing," I said, following him to where he was going. 

"Yeah…Thanks. I like cooking. Sometimes I tell the maid not to come when I feel like doing it. It's calming," He said and opened the fridge. "Do you like orange juice?" He asked while scanning the items in the fridge. 

"Yeah..." I nodded as I looked around the kitchen. Everything is clean and shiny. My mom would love this. 

"It seems like you really like my house,"  Tristan smiled, handing me a glass of orange juice. 

"Well, it's my first time in a luxurious house so I'm definitely excited and curious," I blushed as I sipped on the juice. He must have caught me looking around like a child. 

"Do you know how to cook?" Tristan asked, leaning on the kitchen counter as he sipped on his juice. 

I looked up at him. "Yeah...I like helping my mom in the kitchen. She taught me some of her recipes. She is an excellent cook," I grinned. My mom makes amazing food. Her recipes are always flavourful. I loved to learn from her because of that. 

"Shall I take you to my room?" Tristan asked me as he put his glass on the counter. 

"Huh?" I stared at him like a deer caught in headlights. 

"I mean my books and stuff are there so… " Tristan trailed off as he explained. 

It took me a moment to comprehend what he said. I couldn't do anything to cover my red cheeks. Thank god, I didn't say anything to him. I was scared for a moment. 

"Y-Yeah, okay, " I looked down and nodded. I needed to hide my flushed cheeks. I'm sure I look like a cherry right now. 

Tristan cleared his throat before talking again. "Follow me, "  He said before walking away. I did as he told me.    

Everything in his house looked expensive. I was even afraid to touch things because I was scared that I would break or scratch them. There were expensive flower vases here and there and some expensive paintings were hung on the wall. 

I walked behind him as I looked around his house. So many things yet there was so much space. The house was designed beautifully. It looked like something straight out of Pinterest. 

It must be nice to live here. 

____

Hey guys, how are you all today? 

I have a meme for you if you're having a bad day :) 

Love you all ❤