~8~

Jesse

I sighed as I finished the novel I was reading. It was thrilling but it was a long one. I spent a week on finishing that one. It usually only takes me two or three days but this time there were a lot of assignments to do. I put the book back on the shelf and looked at the time.

9.30 pm

Buzz...

Buzz... 

I turned around when I heard my phone buzz. Somebody texted me. It must be Tristan. I gave him my number. I was kind of expecting his text. I thought he forgot when I didn't hear anything from him till now. 

Hey… 

It's me, Tristan.

Hey… 

Tomorrow, can you come to my place?

Ok. Send me your address.

No need. I'll pick u up :)

Do u know where I live? 

Uh... No 😕

😆

(Address) 

This is my address 

OK! I'll pick u up at 9

Be ready

Sure

Goodnight :)

Goodnight Jesse :)

I yawned as I put my phone down. I felt tired already so I decided to sleep before I give in to the temptation of reading another book. I won't get a single wink of sleep if I start another book. 

I've been staying up late and reading a lot lately. I think I'll get dark circles if this continues. 

And as fast as my head touched the pillow, the goddess of sleep took me away. 

.

.

.

My sister looked at me confused when I went down to have breakfast. 

"We don't have class today, "

"I know that,"

"Then where are you going all dressed up? " 

"I'm going to my classmate's house," I shrugged. 

Lisa and mom looked at me like I grew two heads.

"What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" I asked, annoyed at their reaction.

"You're going out? " Lisa questioned, raising her eyebrows as if it's something unbelievable. 

"Yeah," I nodded. 

She narrowed her eyes. "Who are you? What did you do to my brother?" She asked as she furrowed her eyebrows and pointed her knife at me. 

"Stop being dramatic. My classmate is having trouble with some subjects so I'm just helping him out," I rolled my eyes at her before devouring the delicious breakfast in front of me. 

Mhm~ My mom is the best cook in the world!

"I'm so glad that you're going out and making some friends," Mom said and kissed my head. 

"Hey! I have friends!." I looked at her. I feel offended. I'm not that much of an unfriendly guy. I do have some friends. Well, not in college but outside of it. My high school friends and the sweet middle-aged ladies who run the charity shop are all my friends. They aren't many but they're still my friends. 

Lisa snorted at me. I glared at her before continuing to eat my food. 

"Who is this classmate anyway?" She lifted a brow as she looked at me skeptically.  

"His name is Tristan Grey," 

"Tristan.....? Umm... I think I've heard about him before," She narrowed her eyes. 

"You might have. He's quite popular," I told her before I heard the sound of someone's car outside. "That must be him. I'm going then. I'll be back in the evening, bye,"

 I heard a faint bye in response as I made my way out. Tristan smiled at me through the window of his car. It looks kind of fancy, not too much but I can say that it's an expensive car. I offered him a smile before getting into his car. 

"Nice place," He said as he looked at my house. 

Tristan looked good. His hair looked messy but it still looked good in a way. His outfit was good. It seems like he put an effort into getting ready today. 

I wonder why… 

"Thanks," I said, scratching the back of my neck.

 His car is really comfy and warm. It feels good to sit here because it's chilly outside from the rain. I would stay here forever if I could. 

Tristan smiled at me. "You live with your parents?"

"Yeah, my parents and my sister, " I smiled back. 

I saw his eyes glimmer for a moment. He looked at the house once again. "Must be nice," 

"Yeah, I like spending time with my family, "

He hummed in reply as he looked at my house again. 

"Umm… are we waiting for someone?" I tugged on my ear nervously as I asked him. He hasn't started the car till now. 

"What—no, sorry, I was just thinking something, " Tristan apologized immediately as he started the car again. 

"No problem, " I smiled. 

Maybe he really liked my house. 

__

Vote if you like it :) Love you guys 🥰