29

GREATNESS
— 29. Victorious

   It wasn't long before they had gotten into Kattegat

   It wasn't long before they had gotten into Kattegat. When they did, Bjorn, Hvitserk, and Ylva led the way and cut down any man who dared to get into their path.

Rorik stood nearby, yelling out as he stabbed one man in the chest while pushing another into the water.

Gunnhild and Halig stood nearby as well, cutting down many great warriors as well who dared to come toward them.

While everyone continued to fight, Ylva sighed and lowered her sword. She turned to Bjorn and shook his head. "This is our people, Bjorn. We cannot fight them," She confessed in a calm tone, "If we want them to follow us instead of Ivar, we need to prove ourselves different from him."

"Enough! Enough!" Bjorn had shouted at their men, realizing she was right, "People of Kattegat! We have come for Ivar! We have no intention of killing our friends," He paused, noticing a man about to come out of his home, "Stay inside. Don't fight us. We are here to set you free."

Ylva turned and looked over at Hvitserk, who looked desperate to get to the Great Hall to find Freya.

Bjorn and Ylva ended up leading their men to where Ivar warrior's stood. Gunnhild, Hvitserk, Halig, Rorik stood close behind them alongside their other warriors.

Far behind the warriors stood Ivar and Ylva glanced around, utter silence around her. Bjorn and Ylva exchanged a look with each other, nodding slightly before Bjorn stepped forward.

"Ivar!" He roared out and Ivar didn't say a word. He only stared at him. A man ran toward him and just as Rorik was about to step forward to help his father, Ylva grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back.

Bjorn ended up cutting down the man at ease, only to have five more come toward him.

Ylva and Gunnhild immediately stepped forward, Rorik, Halig, and Hvitserk following soon after before the other warriors joined in.

As she slashed at a man, Ylva turned and frowned, watching as Ivar limped away in the direction of the Great Hall. He was going after Freya.

An alarmed look on her face, Ylva began to fight harder than ever before, desperate to make a path for her to get to the Great Hall to help her daughter.

A man charged at her and Ylva raised her sword before slashing at him in the chest. She turned and stabbed another, only to watch as Halig was tackled to the ground.

She ran forward as the man raised his sword to stab Halig, but before he could, Ylva drove her sword through him from the back.

Halig stared up at his mother, his eyes wide in shock. He grabbed the hand she held out for him, allowing her to help him up. He watched as she turned, continuing to fight as if nothing had happened.