😊😊Ghost/Human Au😊😊

Ghost! Keith, Human! Lance

(A/N: To make up for the Angst here's a Klancey Ghost/Human Au!)
Lance

"Man, are you sure that you're okay with living on your own? This is a huge step up from living with me." The tan skinned man said, leaning on the wall for support. Lance chuckled lightly. "Yup, all good. I'm ready for this. Plus, it's closer to where I work."

The older man sighed and smiled softly. "Alright kiddo. That's the last box. Call me when you get settled in, okay?"

Lance nodded and waved his big brother off. He heard footsteps depart and the door close. The brunette was alone in his new apartment. It was randomly cold all of a sudden. The feeling caused him to shudder but he shook away the feeling and started unpacking. The apartment rent wasn't that much. Eight hundred dollars after every six months. That's a good deal to Lance, but also very very expensive since there's groceries that need to be bought and bills that need to be paid.

After a couple hours, Lance was almost finished. There were a few ups and downs, for example, him forgetting to unpack his clothes, him spilling pizza all over the floor, but it wasn't as big of a deal. The younger exhaled and put the last of the dishes into the cabinet. 'That didn't take long.' Lance looked at the clock and saw it was ten. He doesn't have enough time to run to the nearest store for groceries so he'll just do it after work tomorrow. Lance turned off his kitchen light and walked out to get ready for bed.

•••

After spending a couple weeks in his apartment he noticed a few things that were changing around his apartment. The remote being moved when he put it in the basket, a couple of dishes on the floor, his closet door being opened after he remembered he closed it, and the numerous times that the water faucet was left running when he turned it off. It freaked the younger out and he didn't really know what to do. Today was one of those days where the remote was moved somewhere randomly. Lance checked his room first because that's where it always would be. To his dismay, it wasn't there.

Lance groaned and walked back into his living room. "Okay, if there's a ghost here jacking with my shit show yourself because I'm tired of you messing around with the shit I own."

Complete silence. The brunette haired boy sighed and looked at his couch. He saw the remote sitting exactly where he was. "If there's a ghost here thanks for giving me my remote back."

Lance sat down on the couch and reached for the remote but it was slowly sliding away from him. He blinked a couple times before trying to reach out to the remote and once again, the remote slid away from him. Lance hastily stood up and stared cautiously at the couch. He slowly started backing up when he saw the remote floating.

"Oh hell no." Lance says and dashes to his room. 'Where is it? Where is it? Ah, here it is.' Lance ran back to his living room and saw the remote spinning in the air. "I curse you back to hell demon!" Lance shouted and threw a cross at the remote, missing by only an inch. He heard a soft giggle and saw the remote float downwards.

"That wasn't very nice of you, Lance."

Lance whipped his head around. "Who said that?!"

"Me."

Lance looked around his living and saw a glowy figure sitting on the couch. The brunette's jaw hung ajar as he took in the glowy figure's features. The ghost had long faded black hair, faded pale skin, dull grayish purple eyes. The clothes the ghost was wearing was uninteresting. A black shirt, Gray sweatpants, and socks. Lance tilted his head. "Who are you?"

"Keith Kogane."

"Oh, well, Keith I'm Lance." Lance says, rubbing the crook of his neck. Keith hummed in response and crossed his arms. "You should pick that up."

Lance looked to the floor and saw the cross he threw. "Completely forgot about that." He mumbled and walks towards the cross and picks it up. "Sorry about throwing this at ya."

Keith nodded. "Mhm."

"Wait, How long have you been here? Why the hell were you moving my things around? When did you even die?!"

Keith blinked. "Chill. I only been here for a couple years. I'm a salty person, that's why I was moving shit around. I died two years ago."

Lance held up his finger and his mouth opened but words didn't fly out.  He didn't want to invade anymore of the ghost's privacy. He enjoyed the company the ghost brought. It was starting to get a little lonely with just him living by himself. He got a dead roommate, a hot one in fact. Keith is making Lance's gay side go doki doki. "I should go." Keith says quietly and started floating.

"What?!" Lance exclaimed, "You just got here—well, not just got here but like—You know what; you get what I mean!"

"You want me to stay?" Keith hesitantly asks, tilting his head. Lance smiled and nodded. "Gets lonely around here. I'm glad to have a friend or an acquaintance to live with me."

Keith chuckling was the best thing Lance have ever heard. It sounded like an Angel. Lance was hashtag blessed. "I see what you mean." Keith responded, "It gets lonely around here."

"So friends?" Lance holds his hand out. Keith shook his head with a smile. "Friends." He grabbed ahold of Lance's hand and gave it a nice squeeze.

"I kinda thought my hand would go through yours." Lance stared at their hands. Keith sighed. "I reached out to you that's why."

Lance smirked and wiggled his brows. "Oh really?"

Keith narrowed his eyes at the younger and looked at the clock. "You're going to be late for work."

"Oh shit!" Lance exclaimed and whipped his head to the clock. "You're right, thanks for reminding me!" Lance ran off to his room to get ready. Keith giggled and stared at Lance hurrying to get ready. "You're welcome." Keith mumbled and felt a smile tug on his lips.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Yay, I finally did a ghost au. Don't know what I'm going to write next though 🤔 If I don't have any ideas I'll just read other klance one shot books to get an idea.

See you next chapter!

Words: 1094