😊💔The Beat Of His Heart💔😊

Lance

His heart beats slowly but not steadily. He is on his death bed because of what I did. Was it my fault? I don't remember. It happened to fast and I barely had time to comprehend what was happening. A shot was fired and I didn't know it was aiming at Keith until I heard a grunt and a thud. He was barely making it. Maybe if I shot the Galra soldier fast enough maybe he wouldn't be in a pod.

He's in here because of me and I didn't do anything to stop it. Lance's eyes started to fill with tears that he kept vigorously wiping away. "Lance," A voice called. Lance didn't turn around for obvious reasons, but that didn't stop the person from walking to his side. "Hey, It's not your fault." The voice put his hand on Lance's shoulder and gave him a sympathy look.

"You didn't know it was aiming for Keith." Shiro hugged the sad brunette haired boy and that was enough for Lance to cry out the tears he's been keeping away. Shiro rubbed the back of Lance's head and gave him one of the best dad hugs in existence. "Keith is a fighter, Lance. He'll be fine." Shiro said with a soft smile.

Lance nodded, "Y-You're right." He unlocked his arms from around Shiro and started wiping away his constant flowing tears. "Just give him some more time, alright?" Shiro gave Lance's shoulder a tight squeeze and walked away. Lance hummed in response and didn't leave Keith's side. It was his fault he was in there, so he was going to stay by his side no matter what.

Days flew by like it was nothing. Keith's been in the pod for more than two weeks—Lance was starting to think that maybe Keith wouldn't live. Lance walked to the medical bay with his hands in his jacket pockets. He heard a lot of commotion coming from inside the room, so he hurried to see what was going on.

The doors flew open and he saw everyone crowding around Keith's pod. "Are you guys waiting for Keith's pod to open too?" Lance asked with a brow cocked. He took his time walking towards the group. He heard "shh's" and quiet whispers that weren't inaudible until he gotten a bit closer.

The group backed away from the pod and there stood a very tired Keith. Tears filled Lance's eyes once again and he didn't hesitate letting them out. He hastily wrapped his lanky arms around the tired raven haired boy. "Hey to you too Lance." Keith said with a soft chuckle. Lance sniffled and hugged the boy tighter. "He just got out of the pod; don't put him back into it!" Pidge said teasingly. Lance let go of Keith and gave him a relieving smile.

"Lance, Shiro told me about what you thought." Keith said softly, "It wasn't your fault." He put his hand on the sad boy's cheek. "I'm fine, I'll never scare you or make you worry again." Keith smiled.

Lance nodded and hugged Keith again. He promised he would protect Keith even if it costed him his life. He was never going to allow anyone to hurt him again. Keith smiled into the hug because he already knew what Lance was thinking about, and he didn't mind it, not one bit.

A/N: Hello and welcome to Klance Oneshots part 2! If you're here then that means you read my final chapter on my other one! Stick around if you want. See you next chapter <3 ❤️

Words: 599