Chapter 8

1 Week Later - Hadley's POV

"Mom, stop," I said.

My mom turned and looked at me with pity. I sighed and laid back into the bed.

"Honey, I only worry about you. It's only been a week since that monster put his filthy hands on my little angel. I just want to make sure you are okay. Today is finally the day I can take you home, and I only want the best for you."

"But mom, I'm fine. See? He didn't hurt me. It's all over now. I'm perfectly safe. Stop worrying and just relax. When you stress, I stress."

My mom sighed as she sat down in the chair next to me.

"Let's just get you home." my mom said.

I nodded and smiled at her.

5 Hours Later

"Hey, Hadley..." Levi said as he walked into my room.

I was laying in my bed with my laptop on my lap watching The Office. My mom had told me she still wanted to make sure I was relaxing as she went to go get my school work, which I had missed over the past few days.

"Hey Levi," I said.

"Can we talk?" he asked me and I nodded. I patted the spot next to me on my bed and he sat down next to me.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked him. Levi sighed heavily as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I hate myself so much. You never deserved any of the treatment I threw at you. And after seeing you laying in the ground of the forest with marks all over you, I blamed myself for not being a better brother. I hated myself because I was never nicer to you. I feared you might be dead. When you were in the hospital I prayed and prayed that you'd be alright. I told you when you were asleep, the first night, that if you woke up, I'd be the best brother I could be. I want that for us. You've always tried to be a good sister, even though I'm a complete asshole and shut you down every time. But I want us to get closer. It's a 50/50 thing, and I never have done my part, while you've always bee giving 100%."

I was surprised Levi was saying all of this. My whole life he's never truly seemed to care about me. I always worried that he'd hate my entire life and that we'd never truly had a good sibling bond or even a relationship at all.

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I want us to have a good relationship too. I want us to work on getting better. Taking it slow, cause I know you're new to this."

Levi hugged me slightly, not wanting to hurt me. I was still sore all over my body from Vincent slamming my body into the ground constantly.

"Levi!" I heard Shaw yell from downstairs.

Levi got up from my bed and walked into my doorway to yell back down to Shaw, "Up in Hadley's room!"

He turned back to me before coming back over and sitting right back where he was previously.

Ony a few seconds later, Shaw was standing in my doorway. He looked at the ground. He seemed awkward like he didn't know what to say or do.

"Come in dude, she's not gonna bite." Levi joked. Shaw looked up, put a fake smile on his face, and sat down on my bed, as far away from me as possible.

"Are you okay?" Shaw asked me.

I wasn't mad at him for not coming to see me after all of that happened, but I'm not his girlfriend or his friend.

What happens to me shouldn't matter to him. It did hurt to hear that Shaw didn't visit, not even once.

"I'm fine. Just a little sore, and I have constant headaches, but overall I'll be fine." I replied and Shaw nodded.