Chapter 10

Once we finally arrived at the restaurant, we headed to our table and ordered our drinks and food before deciding to start talking.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Shaw asked me.

"A lot actually, I've been thinking a lot about us, and overall what's going on with us," I stated.

Shaw didn't say anything, but he seemed to look very interested in what I had to say.

"I guess before we start truly talking, I want to ask you a question. A very serious question that means a lot to me, and I guess this question will see what route I go down with us talking..."

He still didn't say anything, he was giving me full control over this conversation and taking everything in.

"Is it just sex between us, or are you wanting something more?" I asked him.

This question was straight for him, I already pretty much knew what I wanted with him.

I liked him, and I wanted to try something with him, but I wasn't sure what he wanted. Sometimes he acted like a boyfriend, and other times he wanted distance.

I know we've only been doing things for almost a month, but I like to know where I'm going. I don't want to waste my time with someone who only wants to play games with me.

Shaw sighed as he leaned back into his chair. "I don't want a relationship with you Hadley. I've been thinking about it too. But what if something happened? What if we broke up? It would be so fucking awkward with us, I just don't wanna risk anything. Maybe it's just best if we keep doing what we are doing,"

"No, I can't do that Shaw. You have two choices, either we stop what we are doing. Right now, and never tell anybody. Or we try, whether we decide to wait a little bit, but I don't want to just be used for sex. I don't want that." I stated.

Shaw shook his head, "Then we need to end it."

If I'm being 100% honest, I wasn't expecting that answer. I expected him to want to try to be with him, that's what I wanted...

"I just don't get it," Shaw muttered.

I figured he didn't want me to hear it by the volume of his voice, but I clearly heard it.

"What don't you get?" I asked him confused.

"For weeks, we were sleeping together with no intention of getting together. I was even with someone, and now here you are making me choose whether I stop having sex with you, or continue having sex with you, but then I have to be in a relationship with you. You make no sense." he said.

"You make no sense, Shaw," I replied angrily.

"Hadley, don't get pissed at me. You have no right to," he shot back.

I rolled my eyes before standing up and slamming the napkin on the table, "Go to hell Shaw. I can't believe I let you use me! I thought we were doing well. I thought you broke up with Mackenzie for me! But clearly it was all just bullshit."

I didn't even give him the chance to respond before I stormed out of the restaurant and outside to where it was now raining.

I could feel the rain pour down onto me as it drenched my outfit, and was probably ruining my makeup at the same time.

Even though the rain was coming down my face, I could still tell the difference between the cold rain, and my salty tears.

"I hate him," I murmured as I rain my back down the side of the building. I was now sitting on the cold hard ground, as the rain fell on me, crying my eyes out.