Chapter 2

"We are just so glad you are both back!" My mother said before taking a bite of her steak.

"Glad to be back mom, college is hell," Levi replied.

I didn't care to join in on the conversation, as I was much more interested in texting Katrina.

Hadley: We are having dinner at the moment. It's fucking boring. My brother has been talking about how much college sucks donkey balls for a good 1o minutes.

Katrina: That sucks, maybe you can come over to my house after?

Hadley: Rather not. I wanna talk to Shaw. Hopefully, I can get him alone. My brother seems to follow him all the time like a sad little puppy.

Katrina: Good luck ;)

"So, how have you been for the past 2 years?" Shaw asked me.

I looked up from my phone and smiled, "Been boring. High school sucks, and so do all of the kids that go there. Mostly the teachers, they all think I'm as smart as Levi, and that I should live up to what he did."

"That sucks, I'm sorry. But I understand what you're going through. My brother was really smart and the teachers thought when I came in I would have above 95s all the time. But when I continued to get B's and C's they thought I was stupid, or I wasn't trying hard enough."

"So, how has college been then?" I asked him.

"Good, good. Boring, but fun at the same time. The school work is boring, but I love the parties and the people there as well."

"Girlfriend?" I asked him nonchalantly.

Shaw chuckled, "Actually yeah. She's my age, and super smart and pretty. Her name is Mackenzie."

"That's good that you found someone. What about Levi? I heard he has a girlfriend."

"Yeah, her name is Dana. She's 18. She is a freshman at the college. But honestly, she seems like a whore."

I chuckled. "What makes you think that?"

"Cause she tried to come onto me. A day after they made themselves official. Kinda fucked up? Like his best friend. I didn't wanna break the 'bro code'. She is good looking though, but not my type. I like to have fun and all, but nothing that would fuck up my friendship with Levi,"

"Yeah, I get it."

"Would anybody like anything for dessert?" The waiter asked.

I looked at the menu and saw something, but I was worried I wouldn't finish it. I looked up at Shaw, "Wanna share a hot fudge Sunday?" I asked him and he nodded.

"One hot fudge Sunday please,"

The Next Day

The rest of last night's dinner went quickly. I spent the night's dinner talking to Shaw about what his life has been like at college.

He didn't ask much about me, but I didn't care.

Whenever one of his stories lead to his new girlfriend, I quickly changed the subject. I had no interest in hearing about his little whore.

"Okay sweetie, I'm off for work. Please be good, and don't let your brother trash the house. No friends over for either of you." my mother said before kissing my forehead. She grabbed her coffee that she drank daily and headed out of the house.

I walked upstairs and grabbed my phone and saw that I had a text from Katrina.

Katrina: Call me! I have some news!