Chapter 6

Shaw's POV

" Hey, Vincent, I know I said things were going to be canceled at all. We ended up going. I forgot to text you last night since it was so late, but I was wondering if you could meet us up here. I know it's extremely last minute, but I was just thinking about you."

It was clear that Hadley was upset that I had decided to invite McKenzie. As soon as she stepped out of our tent, she had a grimacing look on her face. She was glaring at McKenzie, who didn't notice. But I could tell she was upset. I knew she was upset in the first place about me telling her off last night, but I probably made it worse. But honestly, I didn't feel bad about it. I was upset in the first place.

I didn't understand why she couldn't just except that I wanted to sleep with her and that was it. I enjoyed spending time with her in the first place, but I didn't want to make it into a relationship. Levi was like my brother, and I didn't wanna ruin anything. I was pissed off from last night, and around 3 AM I decided to text McKenzie. I instantly regretted it after she showed up earlier this morning. McKenzie and I were still on bad terms, but I think she thought I was trying to make things better.

" Awesome! I can't wait for you to get here. We plan to go swimming later on. So bring your bathing suit."

I hated the idea of this Vincent guy coming. I knew nothing about him, and I wasn't sure if he was a man whore or not. He could be a total player and end up hurting Hadley. But I don't wanna be a hypocrite. McKenzie, who is sitting on my lap, started kissing my neck. I had told Hadley that I never had sex with McKenzie, but that was a lie.

I figured it would be a bit easier to get Hadley in the bed if I told her that I and McKenzie never had sex. McKenzie and I have only had sex once. She's not the best, but she will do. I looked over to Hadley, who just ended the phone call with Vincent. She walked over toward us and took a seat next to Levi. I could tell she was feeling like a fifth wheel, and I felt a little bad. It was my fault, I should've thought this through a bit better. I do regret inviting McKenzie, But I was upset about last night.

"Do you wanna go on a walk? I'm getting bored. I thought it is a bit more interesting for me to come down here. I miss you though, that was the only reason why I came down here though."

I looked at McKenzie, I wasn't in the mood for a walk. I didn't want her here. I wanted her to leave. But I couldn't just tell her to leave, I honestly was trying to fix things with her, but this wasn't the day to do so.

"I'm not in the mood McKenzie. Let's just wait to do things until Hadley's little boyfriend comes here. Then we can all go swimming."

Kenzie looks up to Hadley and glares at her.

" Why did she even have to come here in the first place? She has nothing in common with any of us. She's three years younger than us, and she looks like she's 14. She's fifth wheeling. Even if she's going to bring a guy, she won't be able to drink, and do other things as we do!"

"I'm right here you know? If you're going to start running your mouth on types of things like that, you should at least know the facts. First off, I do drink. And it's none of your damn business if I do or not. I am more independent right now than you'll ever be. I'm sorry that your boyfriend invited you last minute when I was coming here for the whole time. So how about you fuck off"

I was surprised by Hadley's response. She seemed extremely upset. I want to say something to McKenzie about it, but I knew it would only lead to a fight. I looked up towards Hadley, and she was glaring at me as well. She was expecting me to stand up for her, but I only gave her eyes that I couldn't do it. She rolled her eyes and stormed off into the woods. I wanted to go after her, but I couldn't.