Chapter 13

2 1/2 years ago
"I want to go to the party! I would hate to miss it. It's gonna be so much fun! Come on Hadley! Your brother can come, I know they'd love to have older kids there. We could invite Katrina, even though she's been a little off the past few days. I think she would enjoy it too. It would be so much fun! Please, please, please..."
I rolled my eyes at Allison's ignorance.
"Just because the guy you like is going to be there, doesn't mean it's gonna be all that fun. You gotta stop following him around like a sad little puppy. You're my best friend, along with Katrina, and I don't want you to get hurt just because you like him so much. He's an asshole, he's a player, he's been with half of the school even though he's only 15. You need to give it up. So what if he's cute? He's a prick! He bullies all different types of kids, even the ones with issues! That's fucked up, and you need to drop him. I'm not going with you to this party if you decide to go, it is not my issue, and I will not be responsible for anything that happens to you. You may be my best friend, but I refuse to stand with you when you let this asshole hurt you."
Allison looked at me, and then looked at the ground. I knew she was disappointed in me for not standing with her, but I didn't wanna stand with her when she was going to try and be with somebody who was so horrible. I knew he would only use her, and he would get his way with her. Allison was quite impressionable, she listened to everything people would say. She'll beat every single roll. She was a goody two shoes, except when it came to him. She loved him, even though she had only spoken a few words to him. He's only said hi to her a few times, other than that they have barely spoken at all.
"We're supposed to be friends Hadley, you're supposed to stay in with me no matter what. I just wish you'd understand that. I know you think he's an asshole, he's done horrible things, but he's not like that anymore! I didn't tell you this, but him and I had coffee a week ago. I saw him at the coffee house come all in, and I asked if you wanted to sit with me. We ended up talking for about an hour! He's been abused by his father, that's why he acts like that. I know it's not an excuse, and I'm not defending him whatsoever, but he's actually a truly nice guy. I just wish you would get to know him, sure he's done some bad things, haven't we all? It's time to forgive and forget, it's not like he's ever done anything to you. Or your friends. You just listen to the horrible things that the school has spread about him. It's all toxic, and a lot of things are made up, mostly because a lot of people hate him. So please, come to the party with me. Be my best friend, Katrina can come, I told you your brother can come, and even his friend if he wants to. Just please. Come with me! I'll stay with you guys, I barely even hang out with him, I promise. He was the one who invited me anyway."
I knew I wasn't going to win this battle. As much as I hated him, as much as I hated Jacob for being such a prick to everybody in the school, she was right. He has never done anything to me, or any of my friends. Jacob was just a guy who fucked around a lot of the time. He slept with multiple girls even though he was only 15, and he has some bad rap, but Allison is right, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, and she is probably right as well, most of it is probably lies. I finally decided to give in, and I told her that I would go. Allison seemed super excited, as she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me tightly. I chuckled lightly, as I wrap my arms around her as well. I knew Katrina would be extremely upset for me giving in, but I would work with her. Katrina and Allison weren't as close as I was with Allison. But Katrina and I have had some differences in the past. Even though her and I are super close, Allison and I have had a longer relationship.
Allison and I have known each other since we were five years old, but when I was around nine, she moved away for three years. Her father was in the army, and soon she came back only a few years later. And when she got back, Katrina was there. Katrina was super upset that I was and it came back and stole me right away. Allison and Katrina didn't get along for the longest time, and they constantly fight over me. I soon became the third wheel, but then I told them that I love them both, and they were both my best friends. I was closer at the moment with Katrina, we have history together. We grown up with each other, and we used to be best friends. As of right now Allison and Katrina are fine, but we don't usually spend time together as a group anymore, after Katrina started liking Allison's ex.
I ended up getting mad at Katrina, after she tried to date him, but Katrina told me that I was right, and I was not trying to be a bad friend Allison either. I wasn't going to choose between them, but I knew what Katrina was doing was fucked up. Katrina and Allison may not have the best relationship, but I refuse to let Katrina destroy my relationship with either of them. Katrina ended up not dating him, and we all tried to get together again. Katrina and I went through a rough few months, but ended up working things together. We are now best friends, as I am with Allison. Right now I am trying to work with Katrina and Allison to become better friends. It's hard when both of them hold grudges against one another, especially Katrina.
The Night Of The Party
"We better not get in trouble, I can't believe you're fucking dragging! This is stupid. These parties are gonna be so lame. It's still with a bunch of freshman and sophomore's. No seniors!" Katrina complained. She was always complaining when it had something to do with Allison.
I turned to Katrina, and glared at her. Katrina instantly rolled her eyes, and started shuffling her feet towards the front door of the house. The house is pretty loud, but not loud enough to clearly make the neighbors called the cops. I could tell that there were a lot of people in the house, as I saw a whole bunch of people inside of the house from the front windows. We all walked up to the front door, and into the house. As soon as we entered the house, Jacob came up straight to Allison and Hunter slightly. Allison was instantly blessed, and I could tell that she really liked him. I was surprised that instantly as soon as we entered the house Jacob had Hunter, a few other people in the house seemed surprised. It was clear that Jacob wasn't very affectionate, and the first time he showed her was different for them.
I noticed a few other girls had glared at Allison. It was clear that they were upset that Jacob showed her that small amount of attention. Jacob and Allison walk to the kitchen, after Allison told me that she wanted to go spend time with Jacob. I know I did, and let her go.
I ended up staying in the living room, with Katrina and my brother and Shaw.
My brother and his friend, ended up leaving about 10 minutes later and walked into the kitchen to get some beer. I was surprised if there was alcohol at this party, since most of us didn't drink. But as time passed, older kids started to come. It was clear that some of the seniors had come and they began to bring beer.
I sat with Katrina on the couch for a good amount of time, and all we did was talk. It was clear Katrina is still extremely upset about coming, as all she did was complain. After I told her to be quiet about it, we just judged the entire room, and looked at all the kids. A lot of the girls are dressed all whorish and the guys were grinding up against the girls.
After about us being there for about two hours, Allison stumbles into the living room, and falls in my lap. It was clear that she was drunk. She googled slightly before putting her face into my lap. Jacob followed her, with a beer in his hand. He didn't seem as intoxicated, but he stumbled as he walked toward us. He sat on the table, and looked at us. He chuckled slightly once again, as he looked at Allison.
"Your friend does not know how to hold her alcohol."
I rolled my eyes, and told him that this was the first time she ever had it. I knew he had influenced her to do it. Allison always refuses to take sips of alcohol, even the slightest bit, she never smokes, and she never drinks. She was always a goody two shoes. As the fear of her father beating her for it.
"Oh, I didn't know that." Jacob said.
Levi and Shaw soon entreated the room.
"He's going home, he's not feeling too well. Do you want to go home with him?" Levi asked me pointing toward Shaw.
I shook my head, but looked at Allison. It was clear that she needed to go home, and needed to stay away from Jacob. I got it off of my lap, and helped her into the car where she would be able to go home.
Shaw was planning to drive here as he was planning to head home as well.
I said goodbye to her, and they pulled away. As I looked at Levi, he only giggled.
"What? What's so funny?"
"Nothing, I'm just surprised you let her in the car with him. He's high. Didn't you see his eyes?"
My eyes widened! I couldn't believe I just put her in the car with him! I slept love you real hard, before running down the street to go find them. It was clear that they were already gone, but I motioned to the house and grabbed my phone. I quickly called Allison, but there was no response. I sat on the couch and texted and called her for the next 10 minutes. I wasn't sure if anything were to happen, but I wanted to make sure she was OK. I knew she was drunk off of her mind, but I didn't trust him. Even though I was madly in love with him, I don't know how much I trust him right now. I've never seen him hi, I don't know how he will react to it.
After about an hour, I heard somebody knock at the front door. Everybody went silent, and the music turned off. Quickly everybody scattered and put the beer away, and Jacob open the front door. Enter two officers, and they looked around.
"Does anybody know Allison Granger?" The officer asked. My heart stopped, there was no other reason that they would be asking this, unless something that happened. My heart would be broken if anything happened to Alice. Whether that was a small scratch, or if in the next few days I would be burying her. I quickly said I and walked over to the officers and asked him what was wrong. They quickly told me that something happened, and that she had been in a car accident with another student. They told me that she's in the hospital right now, and she's on life-support. They told me that the other guy in the car was perfectly fine. But she wasn't wearing her seatbelt, which was surprising because I buckled her in. She must've taken it off, and they said she flew through the window. They said that the guy is not being charged, since there seems to be nothing in his system. Which seems surprising since he was high on drugs. But It must've been enough time for it to leave her system at least for them not to notice it enough.
But they also said that it was partly her fault since she was completely intoxicated. And she was not wearing her seatbelt. I was irritated, I wanted to kill him. My best friend was in a coma! All because of him. But it wasn't totally his fault either, it was mine. I put her in the car, and if anything were to happen to her, it would be all my fault. I quickly collapsed to the ground, and I could feel myself having a panic attack. Katrina quickly ran over to me, and hugged me. I was soon calm down, and we went to the hospital to go see Allison. As a washer in the bed, I could tell that something was completely wrong. Only the next day that I got a phone call from Allison's mom telling me that she passed away.